Author Topic: 15 Feb 2020 Albion 2 Nottingham Forest 2  (Read 61366 times)

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #425 on: February 16, 2020, 03:48:14 PM »
For the record Livermore 7/10 Sunday Times
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #426 on: February 16, 2020, 04:06:34 PM »
Their quality on the ball was very, very good. Two exceptional crosses for own goal and Grabban chance and excellent strike from Cash. May not be as easy  on the eye as Brentford but they had quality about them.

You must have been watching a different match than me because I could see no quality whatsoever about Forest.

Like I said I have seen better sides up here this season.

take a look at the match stats, 8 shots only 1 on target, 39% possession, 59% pass accuracy.

that doesn't speak quality to me !!!!

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: Don Goodman commentary
« Reply #427 on: February 16, 2020, 04:07:58 PM »
I was at the match yesterday so I did not hear the commentary on Sky.  My son was left fuming.  Did he really say we did not deserve to win, and that Forest looked the stronger team?   ???
What irritated me is that he always looked at the situation from a Forest viewpoint, eg the (Forest) defence will have to keep a close eye on X, the (Forest) back needs to use his pace to get past Y. Was never, Albion need to do put more pressure on the Forest centre backs..
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 05:57:46 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #428 on: February 16, 2020, 04:11:03 PM »
You must have been watching a different match than me because I could see no quality whatsoever about Forest.

Like I said I have seen better sides up here this season.

take a look at the match stats, 8 shots only 1 on target, 39% possession, 59% pass accuracy.

that doesn't speak quality to me !!!!

They came with a plan. They didnt go forward often but when they did they hurt us. That screams quality.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #429 on: February 16, 2020, 04:19:42 PM »
They Hurt us !!!!

one shot on target !! I don't think that can be classed as quality.

The only way they hurt us was when they kept fouling Periera.

They are in a false league position and there is no way I can see them being promoted.

We should have won that game by at least 3 or 4. 

We had 18 shots with 9 on target. Now that screams quality !!!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #430 on: February 16, 2020, 05:02:53 PM »
He only looks from one eye... His back passage orifice.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #431 on: February 16, 2020, 06:24:52 PM »
West Bromwich Albion 2 Kyle Bartley 2

Criminal Forest have taken anything out that game. Their first shot on target in the 90th minute and they take a point.

Goal right at the death was good for me. Clearly over the line before it touches Bartley. Will be interesting to know exactly why it was disallowed in the refs match report.

Thought Hegazi was clumsy but Bartley is on another level.

Say what you want about his overall perfomance but his own goal he couldnt nothing about, a great cross into a danderous position with Grabban ready for a tap in.
mind you if he had have left it all us fans would be calling for his head.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #432 on: February 16, 2020, 07:13:40 PM »
Totally bossed the game against promotion contenders.

nothing much Bartley could do about the own goal, if he leaves it Grabban has a tap in. Don't think he hand ball was a penalty either. Bartley was poor though.

In real time at the game I thought Livermore's challenge was fair and the Forest #2 was just making the most of it trying to get someone booked as he had done earlier. However on viewing the highlights Livermore was very lucky indeed to sat on the pitch. Glad he did though, a proper captains display and capped it off with yet another assists for the 2nd goal.

Think Grosicki should have come on earlier and I'd have subbed Sawyers who was poor again.

All in all we deserved to win that but I'll take a point.

We should have scored more, a mix of poor finishing and 2 or 4 great saves by their keeper.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #433 on: February 16, 2020, 07:52:55 PM »
Think Grosicki should have come on earlier and I'd have subbed Sawyers who was poor again.
Agreed about Grosicki but interested to hear who you would have liked to see come on for Sawyers?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #434 on: February 16, 2020, 08:03:10 PM »
Still feel bitterly disappointed.
If only we could have held on for a few more minutes we would have been six points clear of Leeds and nine clear of Fulham.
 :(
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #435 on: February 16, 2020, 08:09:55 PM »
A pretty good analysis and summary. My only doubt is the hand ball did the rules change this season that any contact away from the body with the hand is a penalty accidental or not?
No I'm pretty sure the rule hasn't changed on that. The significant rule change for handball is that any contact with the hand accidental or not in the lead up to a goal is given as handball.
There was an almost identical situation in the Burnley game on match of the day but this time the pundits said no penalty.
I'm not sure why Goodman and Andrews were so definite that it was a penalty as Bartley's arm was in a natural position, didn't move towards the ball and there wasn't time for Bartley to react anyway. 

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #436 on: February 16, 2020, 08:18:48 PM »
So disappointing to concede right at the death but, in fairness, we had a good 'rub of the green' with more decisions than not going our way. I would be a bit peeved if I was a Forest fan if I'd left without a single point. We are still in a good position and with Gibbs and Diangana close to returning to the fold I am confident that we will soon stretch our lead

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #437 on: February 16, 2020, 08:19:22 PM »
No I'm pretty sure the rule hasn't changed on that. The significant rule change for handball is that any contact with the hand accidental or not in the lead up to a goal is given as handball.
There was an almost identical situation in the Burnley game on match of the day but this time the pundits said no penalty.
I'm not sure why Goodman and Andrews were so definite that it was a penalty as Bartley's arm was in a natural position, didn't move towards the ball and there wasn't time for Bartley to react anyway.

I thought the rule change was specific to the team attacking.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #438 on: February 16, 2020, 08:32:24 PM »
I was at the match yesterday so I did not hear the commentary on Sky.  My son was left fuming.  Did he really say we did not deserve to win, and that Forest looked the stronger team?   ???
Without even checking of course he did....but don’t you 5hink it’s great that we annoy him that much.
He’s slagged us off all season, and we are top...let him crack on
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #439 on: February 16, 2020, 08:44:44 PM »
There was a perfect example of his bias when a forest player had the ball in the corner and O'Shea put his hand gently on his back and the forest player threw himself to the ground.  Don was all complimentary how he's won the free kick, playing the game etc.

Periera gets clipped, goes down, just moans about the dive.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #440 on: February 16, 2020, 08:55:13 PM »
Handball is included in Law 12

Law 12 Fouls and Misconduct

Source: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

It might, and I emphasise might, help with the understanding of Handball
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #441 on: February 16, 2020, 10:07:38 PM »
There was a perfect example of his bias when a forest player had the ball in the corner and O'Shea put his hand gently on his back and the forest player threw himself to the ground.  Don was all complimentary how he's won the free kick, playing the game etc.

Periera gets clipped, goes down, just moans about the dive.

Exactly the point I was going to make. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have any impact on retrospective action.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #442 on: February 16, 2020, 10:35:25 PM »
I mentioned it in the debate thread and he was absolutely woeful, literally the most biased commentary I've ever heard.
Over the years I've come to expect it from him as we all know he's a Wolves fan, but yesterday was something else. For instance, if their players did fouls he'd frame it as smart and cynical, whereas when we did it he'd call it blatant and say it was a yellow etc.

I understand the ref helped us but from early he was at it. It was quite funny at one point when he kept bigging up Sow for them, who then moments later made a terrible blunder which lead to the opener, obviously he didn't give any of our players praise.
Another comedic moment was how he kept saying we weren't attacking enough and did too many sideways/backwards passing. Then we'd put the ball forward and create chances.

The guy is a clown and shouldn't be commentating on our games as he's clearly got an agenda and always has done.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #443 on: February 16, 2020, 10:41:56 PM »
Without even checking of course he did....but don’t you 5hink it’s great that we annoy him that much.
He’s slagged us off all season, and we are top...let him crack on
I couldn't care less if privately he holds a grudge against us. But when he's working for a public broadcaster, he's supposed to be impartial.  That's if he's trying to build a career as an expert football summariser who can be taken seriously.
Another thing is that Sky seem to select him for a hell of alot of our games. Is that because of him having some expert knowledge of the Championship or being based in the Midlands?

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #444 on: February 16, 2020, 10:47:43 PM »
I couldn't care less if privately he holds a grudge against us. But when he's working for a public broadcaster, he's supposed to be impartial.  That's if he's trying to build a career as an expert football summariser who can be taken seriously.
Another thing is that Sky seem to select him for a hell of alot of our games. Is that because of him having some expert knowledge of the Championship or being based in the Midlands?
I get why people aren’t keen on him, but he’s not the worst even if he does dislike us, he’s clear and does actually talk a good game
Compare that with Clinton Morrison,my god, there are no gaps between his words and he sounds like wretch 32 after 14 bottles of Stella
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 11:33:27 AM by Hull Baggie »
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #445 on: February 16, 2020, 10:48:50 PM »
Why do we bother talking about him? What difference does his opinion make?

I don’t know why we’re wasting time and energy talking about a pundit. I don’t care what he thinks, and I don’t really know why anyone else cares either.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #446 on: February 16, 2020, 10:57:37 PM »
I've heard him say many complimentary things about us too. I think he's generally pretty fair but who really cares.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #447 on: February 16, 2020, 11:05:04 PM »
I thought the rule change was specific to the team attacking.
That's right it was, I wasn't trying to indicate otherwise.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #448 on: February 16, 2020, 11:07:51 PM »
Handball is included in Law 12

Law 12 Fouls and Misconduct

Source: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

It might, and I emphasise might, help with the understanding of Handball
Thanks, it does help. Definitely not a penalty...plenty of other more contentious decisions for both sides to focus on.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #449 on: February 17, 2020, 09:21:06 AM »
For the record:

Attendance: 25,117
Home: 23,140
Away: 1,977