Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2248437 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #8100 on: August 11, 2019, 04:35:47 PM »
Very difficult on yesterdays evidence to see where they get enough goals from to avoid struggling. Also can't see a system with 3up front plus Greasy and McGinn will work in Prem they will get run all over as per second goal yesterday however hope Smith continues with this system to try and prove me wrong as it will all end in cabbages (hopefully !!) 8) 8)
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8101 on: August 11, 2019, 04:43:32 PM »
Like half of the league,loosing to Tottenham wont get you relegated. Loosing to teams that may finish around you, will
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8102 on: August 11, 2019, 05:50:42 PM »
Like half of the league,loosing to Tottenham wont get you relegated. Loosing to teams that may finish around you, will
Good point
Would add that the morale after the way they lost to Tottenham will help send them down
Really need Bournemouth to spank them
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

socalbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8103 on: August 11, 2019, 06:21:22 PM »
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere and I haven't checked the stats for myself. But Little Miss Grealish has apparently been on the losing side for Aston Villa on nineteen consecutive occasions spread over three Prem' seasons. That's not nineteen Prem' Villa defeats in a row, just his appearances in a Villa shirt in the Prem' which have ended in defeat. This is reportedly the longest losing streak of any professional footballer in the history of the Prem'. The bloke's a Jonah! Long may that run continue  8) .
Personally, I find this stat you found to be the most astonishing, unbelievable little factoid. I know they were pretty bad & lost a lot of games those last couple years before they went down but c-mon the odds of this happening have to be pretty long. To not have been involved in at least a scrappy draw at least once during this time that spans over three separate Premier League seasons is mind blowing. A Jonah indeed, it’s been the equivalent to half of a Prem. League season since you have gotten a single point from a match he’s been involved in.......you gotta toss um!! But as you say hope they don’t and long may that run of bad luck continue!!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8104 on: August 11, 2019, 07:18:44 PM »
Personally, I find this stat you found to be the most astonishing, unbelievable little factoid. I know they were pretty bad & lost a lot of games those last couple years before they went down but c-mon the odds of this happening have to be pretty long. To not have been involved in at least a scrappy draw at least once during this time that spans over three separate Premier League seasons is mind blowing. A Jonah indeed, it’s been the equivalent to half of a Prem. League season since you have gotten a single point from a match he’s been involved in.......you gotta toss um!! But as you say hope they don’t and long may that run of bad luck continue!!
Can we get them to pair him with Nigel Quasie?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8105 on: August 12, 2019, 05:37:59 PM »
Not going to judge Villa till I see them vs some of the sides mid table and below. Their defence looked quite solid until the final 10 mins of the game and while i've doubts over their strike force, they have a ton of interesting creative midfielders who could shoulder the goal scoring burden.

As for the Grealish stat, I think Bale had a similar statistic at Spurs a few years ago, just before he went on the run that saw him establish himself as one of the nest players in the world. Grealish will be a prem player.
Boing Boing

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8106 on: August 12, 2019, 08:10:26 PM »
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere and I haven't checked the stats for myself. But Little Miss Grealish has apparently been on the losing side for Aston Villa on nineteen consecutive occasions spread over three Prem' seasons. That's not nineteen Prem' Villa defeats in a row, just his appearances in a Villa shirt in the Prem' which have ended in defeat. This is reportedly the longest losing streak of any professional footballer in the history of the Prem'. The bloke's a Jonah! Long may that run continue  8) .

The link to a BBC Sports article confirms your post.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/004b7960-0fcd-4909-acd9-7b68954522f1
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8107 on: August 17, 2019, 08:10:31 PM »
Add another to the run now  ;D

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8108 on: August 17, 2019, 08:51:15 PM »
All I ever see with this lot is Dean Smith and his non-stop whinging...blokes worse than Mark Hughes.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8109 on: August 17, 2019, 09:12:34 PM »
All I ever see with this lot is Dean Smith and his non-stop whinging...blokes worse than Mark Hughes.

Sacked early October.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8110 on: August 17, 2019, 11:44:21 PM »

Sacked early October.
I looked at their team today and cannot understand where  £125 M has been spent unless there’s a major improvement in results (pray not) I agree that he will be toast
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8111 on: August 18, 2019, 09:30:51 AM »
I live in Lancashire and start of each season my mates and I have a flutter on the three to go down from the Prem, the three to go back up and Albion's finishing position.

One of my mates, a Blackpool supporter, has Wolves and Villa in the relegation spots. Needless to say he has shot up in my mates league. Even though I think he will be wrong.

;)
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8112 on: August 19, 2019, 02:20:30 AM »
I live in Lancashire and start of each season my mates and I have a flutter on the three to go down from the Prem, the three to go back up and Albion's finishing position.

One of my mates, a Blackpool supporter, has Wolves and Villa in the relegation spots. Needless to say he has shot up in my mates league. Even though I think he will be wrong.

;)
think he is brown nosing you mate, no way are the dingles getting relegated,
the seals on the other hand...

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8113 on: August 19, 2019, 07:42:05 AM »
think he is brown nosing you mate, no way are the dingles getting relegated,
the seals on the other hand...

Dingles were 38/1 on betfair for relegation yesterday. It would of been rude not to stick £2.

Villa were 6/4. So also had £2 on them  ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 07:45:30 AM by BoingFlyer »
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8114 on: August 19, 2019, 10:30:46 AM »
I bumped into two Vile fans yesterday and they still think they will qualify for the Champions League.

I didn't want to spoil there day so I just nodded. They real are deluded fantasists
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8115 on: August 19, 2019, 10:34:35 AM »
I bumped into two Vile fans yesterday and they still think they will qualify for the Champions League.

I didn't want to spoil there day so I just nodded. They real are deluded fantasists

I think they have confused the Champions League with the Championship.....they will very likely qualify for the latter ;D
MAGA!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8116 on: August 19, 2019, 10:37:42 AM »
I think they have confused the Champions League with the Championship.....they will very likely qualify for the latter ;D

My thoughts exactly!

ps like your new avatar
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8117 on: August 19, 2019, 10:41:23 AM »
My thoughts exactly!

ps like your new avatar

Thanks AF

but can you name the band?? :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 10:44:55 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8118 on: August 19, 2019, 10:43:44 AM »
Day of the Dead?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8119 on: August 19, 2019, 10:47:14 AM »
Day of the Dead?

Good try but no..... :(

and in line with this particular thread, the band name is a great way of describing the vile.......
MAGA!

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8120 on: August 19, 2019, 10:48:07 AM »

Thanks AF

Misfits isn’t it?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8121 on: August 19, 2019, 10:49:05 AM »

Thanks AF

Cradle of Filth, I think I mentioned them to you before base on the lyrics in your profile
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8122 on: August 19, 2019, 10:51:47 AM »
Misfits isn’t it?

It is indeed...... ;D

I got into these quite late but absolutely love them. The originals have reformed and I am contemplating a quick trip stateside to see them.
MAGA!

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8123 on: August 19, 2019, 10:54:15 AM »

It is indeed...... ;D

I got into these quite late but absolutely love them. The originals have reformed and I am contemplating a quick trip stateside to see them.
not my thing so don’t know much about them but it’s a famous logo, kinda like grateful dead (knowing the logo, not the bands being similar)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8124 on: August 19, 2019, 11:06:29 AM »
Cradle of Filth, I think I mentioned them to you before base on the lyrics in your profile

I stand corrected,the Misfits it is  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部