Author Topic: Who's starting to become resigned  (Read 130054 times)

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

Who's starting to become resigned
« on: December 10, 2017, 08:28:34 PM »
Before anyone says im making early conclusions, it's looking really bleak given we can't score, we can't win and we are conceding too many. In my opinion we are looking doomed 🤧 Palace, Newcastle and now Swansea after charity fc turned up all have fight. I haven't felt this bleak for a long long time. I'm just expecting the championship now, if we stay up it'll prolong the pain for next season.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

Re: Who's starting to become resigned
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 08:38:37 PM »
I have to admit I'm usually positive about us but at the moment I just can't see anything to be positive about.  :-[

It's going to be a long season.
the regime don't like it man

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 09:04:07 PM »
It's never over till its over and it isn't over yet. ;)  KTF
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 09:20:06 PM »
To think we are still out the relegation zone after the run we've had tells me there's everything to fight for, it's as poorer a league as ever and it wouldn't need anything fantastic to survive, just beat the teams around us and we will be fine.

ALFABAGGIE

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 09:22:06 PM »
This team is starting to look like it’s got relegation written all over it, for me the only chance we’ve got (leaving what they may  or may not do in January to one side) is to get all our creative players back - up and running/back up to speed but of course that’s going to take time and time is something we don’t really have.The team that’s played the last couple of games imo is really short on genuine quality, a midfield with no creativity no legs in it and no goals, the forwards well I just don’t think are good enough JRod could come good but I fear injuries have caught up with him. I still think we’re paying the price for the last probably 3-4 years of poor transfers I mean come on we’re still saying we need Brunt and Morrison back in the team! That we are still relying on players who’ve been here since the year dot (as good as they’ve been) is a joke.

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 09:28:50 PM »
To think we are still out the relegation zone after the run we've had tells me there's everything to fight for, it's as poorer a league as ever and it wouldn't need anything fantastic to survive, just beat the teams around us and we will be fine.

Trouble is we can’t beat anyone around us, Palace, West Ham, Newcastle, Stoke, Swansea, Brighton Huddersfield, Southampton- only team we have beaten in the bottom half is Bournemouth. Any other thoughts on staying up. Only Liverpool next

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 09:53:44 PM »
I've had a feeling for some time we are going to run it close . There's still a long way to go but looking at us we need a rapid injection of confidence and for the players to stand up and be counted .  Looking at the picture in general I'm not confident think club is very comfortable environment and sleep walking to relegation .

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 10:15:01 PM »
Its not looking great but we do have just about enough of a squad to stay up in my view. The big if is can we get key players fit , can we get confidence back in the players and can Pardew see the errors that we can see in time and act.
Don't expect anything from Liverpool or Man Utd point wise but do hope to see a side starting to take shape and the basics starting to flow.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 10:33:04 PM »
I would say that years of poor recruitment and failing to address an ageing squad is finally catching up on us... but tbh there is still more than enough quality in this squad to stay up. I'm pretty pesimistic when it comes to Albion but even I'll admit it's pretty obvious that we have a better squad than Swansea, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Brighton and Huddersfield at the very least.

The reason I'm resigned to relegation is that it seems, regardless who is manager, they can't pick a balanced team, formation or even tell who our best players clearly are. I think the team sheet for Liverpool will determine whether Pardew has the ability to get us out of this mess.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 10:44:58 PM »
I think we look improved from under our previous manager.

There is the desire if not the quality.

As opposed to a lack of both.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 11:07:51 PM »
I believe we will comfortably stop up and will look a completely different team once Phillips Chadli and Brunt return
We do need to stop persisting with 3 holding midfielders as it’s a Pulis throwback and needs to be ditched ASAP
Robson Kanu and McLean aren’t good enough for any Premier side (McLean today liked a tweet suggesting he signs for Celtic in January)
Hopefully Pardew will find his best side soon and one win will see us lift off

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 11:12:54 PM »
Trouble is we can’t beat anyone around us, Palace, West Ham, Newcastle, Stoke, Swansea, Brighton Huddersfield, Southampton- only team we have beaten in the bottom half is Bournemouth. Any other thoughts on staying up. Only Liverpool next
Don't we have to play these teams again? New manager, transfer window plus some good players still to come back im optimistic.I've seen us in worse positions and we've come through.a fan for 50 years this is just water of a ducks back.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 11:19:48 PM »
I think we're in for a struggle - we really need a win just to lift the confidence around the place because everyone looks shot.

There are some glaring issues within this set up - we do not have a forward capable of scoring goals, our midfield set up does not work, our influential players are made out of biscuits, we cannot defend a lead and due to that cannot win games.

Our season was defined last year because we beat those sides around us - this year, aside from Bournemouth, we haven't beaten any of them and in the ones we have lost we have been confortably beaten.

The important mark at the moment is getting that midfield set up right -because given our dire options upfront, we're going to need their creativity and goals if we're going to start turning our fortunes around. The sooner Chadli and Morrison are fit the better.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 11:33:46 PM »
For me the single biggest problem is a real box number 9
We can all have thoughts on which midfield and if Rondon is any good , but the glaring obvious gap is for a central 9 that shoots on sight, a Kev Phillips, a Bob Taylor etc

There will be plenty that ain't getting a game at a bigger club or have been frozen out so let's get one in, put a few goals away, and gently glide back up the table

Wilson, afobe,Giroude,batshuyai,Deeney,ighalo,I'd even ask about Shane long..
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 11:34:47 PM »
Not resigned yet by any stretch of the imagination but it does have the feel of a relegation season game by game. Reasons for not being resigned:

Not in the bottom three
Not even halfway through the season
Players that this manager may utilise are currently unavailable
Transfer window still to come
I believe there is a good side in there and whilst the squad may not being that well balanced, we've had weaker squads and stayed up

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 12:33:32 AM »
I'm far from resigned at this point. We have our issues but so it seems do half the teams in the division. We have to string a few results together but there is still a lot of football to be played and I think we will probably scrape home. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 01:22:36 AM »
 :D No way are we going down and Wolves come up. That would be tragic and unlivable.

We need a creative midfielder (need to break the bank) and someone who scores goals. I think we miss Dawson,Brunt,Morrison and Chadli big time.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 06:47:33 AM »
I think we're kidding ourselves.
We're in trouble and it will take a gargantuan effort to turn this around.
With the games we've got coming up we could be curt well adrift by the end of January, in-fact I can't see where our next point would come from after failing so miserably against Swansea.
The key, in our situation, is to beat the teams around you.
We're not.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 07:49:09 AM »
I think we're in big trouble, no-body has stepped up and replaced the leadership Fletcher had. Someone should have given Robson Kanu a rocket after he messed that simple cross up at the weekend, it seems there's very much a oh well attitude with this lot.

The sooner we get Chadli, Greg & Phillips in the team and Robson - Kanu, Livermore & McClean out will also go a long way to solving some of our issues.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 08:00:12 AM »
We'll stay up but we've reduced our chances of doing so.

As for Shane Long... not scored for 30 games.

Does make you wonder...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 08:37:46 AM »
Our only saving grace is that there are several teams around us who are just as poor as we are. However, the sooner we pick up points - the Pulis way, if necessary - the better!

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 08:52:40 AM »
Far far too early to start assuming we are going down.

We've only had a manager for like 11 days and we have a transfer window coming up.

We also have both our number 10 players coming back to fitness soon.

Either way if we go down I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

It's not like we are competing to try win the premiership anyway so its essentially a waste of time being in the division until we can. I'm not somebody who is going to jump for joy from finishing 14th in a 20 team league.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 09:13:15 AM »
Still plenty to play for but we do look like we are only heading one way, just glad we don't have the indignity of going down playin Pulis' cowardly tactics. At least Pardew will show a bit of fight, but beginning to look like we don't really have the quality.
We need one of "those" signings in January who comes in and makes a difference, whether it be a number 10 or a striker hitting a purple patch. If we don't get that then I fear the worst.
Relegation's not the end of the world though and once the initial hurt is over I think I would look forward to another tilt at the Championship, especially with Pardew in charge.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 09:47:19 AM »
Not resigned, but I'm finding myself worried by just how apathetic I remain. Eighteen months ago I was angry with the club and the fact that we retained Pulis despite the most dull and uninspiring season I have ever witnessed in my twenty five years of supporting the club and that anger over the past eighteen months has turned into sheer boredom, a complete lack of faith in the club and now utter apathy.

The Swansea goal went in the other day and the only thing I cared about was that I'd lost a clean sheet for Evans in my fantasy league. Very concerned by my current mindset toward the club.

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 09:51:05 AM »
It looks to me very much like the prints you get at the start of a film or in the lead up to a novel -"The names have been changed to protect the innocent"
Not a lot has changed apart from we have a bit more possession and are probably trying to win a bit more.
The big problem then lays with the quality we actually have. We have moaned and groaned for a long time about the squad being the best we've had for ages and how we shouldn't be in the position we are.
Now it's time to wake up and realise that the squad is not really that good and we really do have rose tinted glasses.
We need a serious injection of quality in forwards, creative midfield and strong defenders.
I'm not sure who would be available to fit that bill and if anyone who does would really relish a relegation battle.
I would also think that supporters of other clubs in our situation are having pretty much the same discussions. Sadly one or two of them are picking up points now (and worryingly against us)
There is still a fair way to go so not panicking yet but every week brings concern.
Alan Pardew said in the week "we need 9 wins" Lets hope he's not saying that with 9 games to go.