West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Tony Pulis
« Last post by Standaman on Today at 12:17:14 AM »
I think it is wrong to assume that Williams would automatically appoint another member of the old school British coaching establishment, firstly unlike when he was at Blackburn there are fewer still active and even fewer with even a shred of credibility. Secondly Hammond will have an influence on the appointment I am sure he would broaden the search beyond the very obvious and limited choices we can't name but know are possibly lurking in the background.

He won't take the Wales job unless he is out of work, it pays a fraction of what he earns here and the FAW aren't going to pay up the remainder of his contract, despite their recent success they don't have the financial muscle  to do so
« Last post by wba_1996 on Today at 12:04:14 AM »
Pulis says we won't find a better manager than him and that before he got here we were fighting relegation to the last days. Obviously this hasn't gone down to well on social media to say the least.  :-X

I understand he wants to defend himself but he's making supporters even more irate. Just concentrate on tomorrow TP.

So not only have the excuses been flying out from all angles the past few weeks, but he's now taken to belittling the club and telling straight up lies.

I'm starting to detest him more with each passing day. It's blatantly obvious that all he cares about is himself and protecting this 'reputation' that he undeservedly has in the media.
« Last post by costa blanca baggie on Yesterday at 11:57:26 PM »
Pulis says we won't find a better manager than him and that before he got here we were fighting relegation to the last days. Obviously this hasn't gone down to well on social media to say the least.  :-X

I understand he wants to defend himself but he's making supporters even more irate. Just concentrate on tomorrow TP.
Has he taken to recreational smoking while in The Bahamas?? It may sound weird, but his comments are actually refreshing to hear. Makes a change from the usual guff. I’m almost looking forward to his post match interview tomorrow. ☺️
« Last post by mulliganstired on Yesterday at 11:54:53 PM »
Please! Please ! Take the Wales job .
Pay him till the end of the season to go to Wales now.  Please.
Next Match Forum - 18/11 Chelsea (H) / Re: Atmosphere
« Last post by Signor_Maresca on Yesterday at 11:21:33 PM »
Pulis Out
« Last post by charlebaggie on Yesterday at 11:20:07 PM »
Please! Please ! Take the Wales job .
« Last post by Legend on Yesterday at 11:13:59 PM »

General Football & Sports / Re: Chris Coleman
« Last post by timdon on Yesterday at 11:09:52 PM »
Always thought he was a dumpling, now I know he is.
« Last post by iwastherein68 on Yesterday at 10:34:30 PM »
It's clear that the majority of Albion fans are now pushing for a parting of the ways between the club and Tony Pulis.

Just a few comments I'd add to a topic thread that seems to increase by about 30 posts a day.

Having just watched todays press conference, I'd have to say I've yet to listen to his comments and views during the media questions without being impressed with the way he handles himself, his straight talking attitude and the majority of his views, and earlier today he did make some valid points.

Other thoughts, would be that virtually all of the genuine football people in the media (excluding the rent a mouth idiots in the media who seem to solely focus on getting a reaction) appear to be of the view that considering the status of the club and financial resources that Pulis is doing a decent job, so it's clear if we do terminate his contract and it were to go belly up, it's not as if we haven't been warned.

I'm of the opinion that yes, we're probably coming to the end of the line though the next steps to be taken by the club hierarchy are far less straight forward than many make out, and part of me actually respects the Albion Board for not yet caving into pressure from the supporters (though the lack of any real dissent against Pulis at any of the home games, at least so far, may be a factor as well) and to pull the trigger at this stage of the season, when the present manager would probably be top of the list of any club outside of the top 8, to be considered to have the experience, expertise and track record to turn things around, is not without risk.

As for how I'd feel if a decision was made to part company, well part of me would feel relief, on the basis the appointment has divided supporters from the start and it would be wonderful to have a united front for the first time in quite a while, but a small part would be quite concerned about any adverse impact in terms of instability while the reorganisation took place (and I'd acknowledge that our present form is poor which is why he's under pressure in the first place!).

I'm not posting this in support of Pulis, but in support of WBA Fc.

Whatever the outcome I just hope it turns out to be the best one for the Albion.
Good post
« Last post by hunsletbaggie on Yesterday at 10:24:02 PM »
No names, just look abroad.
Just look north of the boarder!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10