West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Ex Players Thread
« Last post by tommcneill on Today at 08:50:08 AM »
Bob Taylor working as a mezzanine floor installer on a job in Sheffield.
Sad to see one of our all time greats out of the game like that.

It is sad to hear but at the same time not many players make the transition from top player to a job withing football unfortunately

Nice to hear though that he has other things he can do other than football and especially some kind of trade as not many footballers do so if they go out of the game they find it a struggle
General Football & Sports / Re: Anything England Football
« Last post by WBAinDEVON on Today at 08:49:56 AM »
How long is he going to last after comments he made about women in 2011
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Ex Players Thread
« Last post by Hull Baggie on Today at 08:42:22 AM »
Stephane Sessegnon has signed for Turkish side Genclerbirligi.
« Last post by Hull Baggie on Today at 08:35:54 AM »
Not much track record as a coach and apparently doesn't know much about the women's game. Jobs for the boys, from the look of it.

That and an apparent lack of other better options.
« Last post by Scruffy Stan on Today at 08:27:39 AM »
Not much track record as a coach and apparently doesn't know much about the women's game. Jobs for the boys, from the look of it.
« Last post by WBAinDEVON on Today at 08:06:41 AM »
I hear Phil Neville is the new coach of the England womens team, controversial appointment i am hearing
General Football & Sports / Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Last post by Hull Baggie on Today at 07:52:21 AM »
Agree with you there.

There is something funny about Man City pulling out of the race if you ask me. Their reason was that they did not want to upset the balance of the books finance wise. I can see that as he would have no doubt got a similar deal there, but didn't they offer Messi £850,000 per week in the summer? So I am not sure that is the only reason. I know Sanchez is good, but I cannot help but think that manure are really paying top dollar for him, and Pepe realised that.

Its almost as though Mourinho bought him to spite Pepe.

they said something along the lines of signing Sanchez would have meant them having to increase the wages of other players to similar levels (I'm paraphrasing). That would have had a big effect on the amount of money they were paying out in increased wages plus Sanchez fee and wages. If they hadn't increased the wages of other players then it would probably have led to disharmony in the dressing room. I think the reported demands of Sanchez's agent(if true) left a sour taste in the mouth of Man City and fair play to them for saying no.

I agree that Man Utd have definitely paid top dollar (above top dollar I think) and that it does have an element of Mourinho trying to get one over on Guardiola.
General Football & Sports / Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Last post by skyclad99 on Today at 07:12:48 AM »
at last the Sanchez deals done,sick of hearing about it.

Agree with you there.

There is something funny about Man City pulling out of the race if you ask me. Their reason was that they did not want to upset the balance of the books finance wise. I can see that as he would have no doubt got a similar deal there, but didn't they offer Messi £850,000 per week in the summer? So I am not sure that is the only reason. I know Sanchez is good, but I cannot help but think that manure are really paying top dollar for him, and Pepe realised that.

Its almost as though Mourinho bought him to spite Pepe.
Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistant Referee: Lee Betts
Assistant Referee: Adam Nunn
Fourth Official: Jonathon Moss
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup

Lets hope there's no issues with VAR!

He was taken off our games after the Stamford Bridge debacle, this can't happen surely?
Next Match Forum - 27/01 Liverpool (FA Cup 4 - A) / Match Officials
« Last post by Hull Baggie on Today at 06:51:52 AM »
Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistant Referee: Lee Betts
Assistant Referee: Adam Nunn
Fourth Official: Jonathon Moss
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup

Lets hope there's no issues with VAR!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10