Author Topic: Can we get a season ticket refund?  (Read 56318 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Can we get a season ticket refund?
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2014, 09:06:31 PM »
Where is the harm in giving the guy a chance?

I am extremely underwhelmed. Though I am interested to see which players come in and maybe that will have more of an impact on this impending relegation you speak of.

Are you Phil Marsden by anychance
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2014, 09:07:11 PM »
Where is the harm in giving the guy a chance?

80+% of Baggies fans see this as a disaster and the writing on the wall of relegation and us searching for a new manager at xmas. I would say that whilst we probably aren't total experts there is enough knowledge there to know what's going to happen.

In 4 weeks time when we have made no signings and then 10 weeks time we endure another mad dash on the last day of the transfer window, we can all sit back and say JP learnt eff all from last season.

All hope that we had at the end of the season has well and truly been dashed.
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

bry

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2014, 09:32:37 PM »
Bought my ST before the deadline & have absolutely 100% no qualms or desire to get my money back, I will be sitting in the same seat as I have for as many years as I can remember & the fact that we employ this coach or buy that player makes no difference, sure I am underwhelmed (seems to be the buzz word this week) but I support my club regardless of what happens behind the scenes, I can't, nor do I want to try to affect things beyond my control.

For those seeking their money back I hope you get what you want but before you do make that phone call/email please try to remember who we are, who you are, we are football fans of the greatest team the world has ever seen, I'm not a happy clapper but I love the club unreservedly, that means through thick & thin (& trust me I've seen some thin).

Nobody CONNED me into renewing my ST, I'm more of a shepherd then a sheep, I don't follow the crowd but Jeremy Peace is the custodian of West Bromwich Albion & for that reason I will back his decision to appoint Irvine, I genuinely believe that, as a business man he is not going to wilfully damage the club as it will surely impact on any future sale (makes no sense).

Hopefully once the dust has settled & we sign a few new players, the positivity can return  ;D             
As a business man he thought Steve Clarke and Pepe Mel were a good appointments. Oh yes and then when we were nearly relegated he didn't.   I'm so glad he and you  are "delighted " with the appointment as he was with the last two appointments.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2014, 10:02:25 PM »
80+% of Baggies fans see this as a disaster and the writing on the wall of relegation and us searching for a new manager at xmas. I would say that whilst we probably aren't total experts there is enough knowledge there to know what's going to happen.

In 4 weeks time when we have made no signings and then 10 weeks time we endure another mad dash on the last day of the transfer window, we can all sit back and say JP learnt eff all from last season.

All hope that we had at the end of the season has well and truly been dashed.
Can you qualify how you have come up with that statistic or have you just picked a number out of the air?
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2014, 10:07:43 PM »
Can you qualify how you have come up with that statistic or have you just picked a number out of the air?

There is a survey on the E&S site with an approval rating around 16% for Irvine's appointment.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2014, 10:10:43 PM »
I've laid off this board for weeks now as i could feel the tension and stress rising. Ok i haven't been an albion fan for decades like some of you but i've seen enough now to suggest we are in deep deep trouble after what was a comfortable start to our premier league life. Last season was nothing short of a farce in every shape or form. It was draining, as a STH and one who loves going to away games. It was flat, predictable, lacking any sort of ambition from our players and Sunderland away was a short straw making me wonder why i had bothered. Anelkagate, the Steve Clarke saga, another whimper in both cups, plus several players wanting out and the cherry on the cake was us capitulating in several games. Absolute misery, and now we do this?! A man who has no premier league experience, and nearly took preston and wednesday down. Peace clearly has an issue with the club or the fans, because no sane chairman would make such a decision after 5 fizzing weeks. We are now a complete laughing stock, and if theres any chance of a refund tomorrow I'll be going straight up to the ground.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2014, 10:15:47 PM »
I am not bothered what other teams think, however surely you could have predicted the response of West Brom fans even before Irvine was appointed.

Steve Madely, yesterday evening
'Albion were expecting a backlash from fans but they hope Irvine and Kelly's coaching credentials will win over plans loyal to Hodgson. #wba'

They knew they were making another unpopular decision.  Its like they are poking a docile dog with a stick...  At some point its going to snap back.

Merbals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2014, 10:18:03 PM »
Question, criticise, stay away by all means don't poison the atmosphere for others.

This has to be one of the most pathetic posts of all time! I have followed us all over the country, had my seats in the Smeth for years ROW H 125-124 and how dare you accuse me of being a boo boy/critic and best kept away. Anyone on here who knows me, sat by me will tell you that I have stood up for this club through thick and thin. Had arguments with people abusing players and other fans. I WILL not put up with any longer. The only way I can make my statement is vote with my feet . The funny thing is the club will miss supporters like me and so will you. You know why.....because we are Albion and it is us what make the club what it is! I will be back....when I get my club back!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 03:22:56 AM by Quakes Fan »

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2014, 10:19:22 PM »
There is a survey on the E&S site with an approval rating around 16% for Irvine's appointment.
So not made up of a survey of West Brom fans?

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2014, 10:30:30 PM »
This has to be one of the most pathetic posts of all time! U have followed us all over the country, had my seats in the Smeth for years ROW H 125-124 and how dare u accuse me of being a boo boy/critic and best kept away. Anyone on here who knows me, sat by me will tell you that I have stood up for this club through thick and thin. Had arguments with people abusing players and other fans. I WILL not put up with any longer. The only way I can make my statement is vote with my feet . The funny thing is the club will miss supporters like me and so will you. You know why.....because we are Albion abd it is us what make the club it is! I will be back....when I get ny club back!
Yawn. I have accused you of nothing. You are more than welcome to choose how you do or do not follow the Albion and if you are so upset that you want to boycott matches that is fine. How are you qualifying when you get your club back?

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2014, 10:31:46 PM »
Bought my ST before the deadline & have absolutely 100% no qualms or desire to get my money back, I will be sitting in the same seat as I have for as many years as I can remember & the fact that we employ this coach or buy that player makes no difference, sure I am underwhelmed (seems to be the buzz word this week) but I support my club regardless of what happens behind the scenes, I can't, nor do I want to try to affect things beyond my control.

For those seeking their money back I hope you get what you want but before you do make that phone call/email please try to remember who we are, who you are, we are football fans of the greatest team the world has ever seen, I'm not a happy clapper but I love the club unreservedly, that means through thick & thin (& trust me I've seen some thin).

Nobody CONNED me into renewing my ST, I'm more of a shepherd then a sheep, I don't follow the crowd but Jeremy Peace is the custodian of West Bromwich Albion & for that reason I will back his decision to appoint Irvine, I genuinely believe that, as a business man he is not going to wilfully damage the club as it will surely impact on any future sale (makes no sense).

Hopefully once the dust has settled & we sign a few new players, the positivity can return  ;D             
.      I have been a supporter of this club for 50years, season ticket holder for most of them . Been through the bad days of relegation to the old 2nd division and been at the Hawthorns when there was only 8,000 of us on a wet Wednesday night . I have never in all my time felt like this I feel  it's not our club anymore . Gone are the days when Johnny Osborne would have a crafty drag of a fans fag. So to me fans like yourself who will just sit there and take what is served by this chairman are not helping,and may I say with no offence you do sound like a happy clapper. Then this club is on a Downward spiral .

Merbals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2014, 10:34:55 PM »
Very simply when sensible decisions are made with the clubs best interest at heart along with its supporters. Get used to your pathetic yawn jibe as you will be doing plenty of yawning next season.  Look me up in a few years when no doubt I will be at Grimsby on a Wednesday night but some how I doubt you will be there. Yawn!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 03:22:02 AM by Quakes Fan »

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2014, 10:41:31 PM »
.      I have been a supporter of this club for 50years, season ticket holder for most of them . Been through the bad days of relegation to the old 2nd division and been at the Hawthorns when there was only 8,000 of us on a wet Wednesday night . I have never in all my time felt like this I feel  it's not our club anymore . Gone are the days when Johnny Osborne would have a crafty drag of a fans fag. So to me fans like yourself who will just sit there and take what is served by this chairman are not helping,and may I say with no offence you do sound like a happy clapper. Then this club is on a Downward spiral .
Sadly ever since the involvement of Sky, the advent of the Premier League and billionaire chairmen the game has gone. Unfortunately you have to accept change or become the next Huddersfield or Preston North End.
I am not saying it makes it right but show me a team where the players drink with or have real (not for the cameras) affinity with the fans. It doesn't happen.  Players threaten to leave because they don't get given birthday cards ffs!

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2014, 10:52:09 PM »
i to have been a fan for 50 years this september and have seen many a high and low in my time, i have been to Bristol and seen us relegated been to Wembley with Ossie and promoted but what i think really upsets me is the waste of a golden opportunity to take the club forward '
I will  still keep my season ticket next season, but cannot take much more of what i went through last season and fear this maybe my last.
We are totally insignificant to Mr Peace and  anyone who can see positives from this appointment is really kidding themselves.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and i respect that so lets stop the hassle and just take in the comments, after all we all want our club to do well.
I can honestly say this is the lowest i have ever been as a fan,
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2014, 11:09:18 PM »
So not made up of a survey of West Brom fans?
Indeed, which is probably why those in favour was as high as 16%!

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2014, 11:32:29 PM »
I bet the slimy worm will find some way of keeping our money as well!

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2014, 01:21:29 AM »

Please don't patronise me.

I've been through all the bad times as you have said you have  :-\ this is the best period of sustained presence we've had in the top flight for many a long year & to hear all the negativity towards our club is embarrassing & something I know would not of happened 10 years ago.

A lot of WBA 'fans' have become so deluded & the expectation level is now beyond reality, talk of refunds for season tickets, banners against Peace, boycotting games FFS, maybe its time to show some maturity & live in the real world, life throws pooh at you sometimes, deal with it & move on.
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2014, 01:29:14 AM »
As a business man he thought Steve Clarke and Pepe Mel were a good appointments. Oh yes and then when we were nearly relegated he didn't.   I'm so glad he and you  are "delighted " with the appointment as he was with the last two appointments.

Was that the Steve Clarke who got us an 8th placed finish & Mel who managed to keep us up despite all the turmoil he endured.

I never said I was 'delighted' with the appointment, just that I will back him, might be worth reading the post thoroughly before replying

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2014, 06:42:52 AM »
Was that the Steve Clarke who got us an 8th placed finish & Mel who managed to keep us up despite all the turmoil he endured.
I never said I was 'delighted' with the appointment, just that I will back him, might be worth reading the post thoroughly before replying

Sorry I would disagree and have to say we got to 8th place despite Steve Clarke and stayed up last season despite Pepe Mel.
But hey, this topic is about season tickets.
I've been duped this season, JP has got one over on me. I gaurentee he wont again.
I will hold off asking for my money back this season in the hope that Hazel can come on board and turn our lot around.
Failing that the money stays in my pocket next season.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

mifos

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2014, 07:36:37 AM »
and those 16% will be dingles who havn't seen such a farce since terry connor's appointment

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2014, 08:15:34 AM »
Sorry I would disagree and have to say we got to 8th place despite Steve Clarke and stayed up last season despite Pepe Mel.
But hey, this topic is about season tickets.
I've been duped this season, JP has got one over on me. I gaurentee he wont again.
I will hold off asking for my money back this season in the hope that Hazel can come on board and turn our lot around.
Failing that the money stays in my pocket next season.

We'll have to agree to disagree that Clarke & Mel were Head Coach's when we finished 8th & avoided relegation respectively.

Regarding the rest of your post, I think you should ask for a refund if you believe you've been 'duped' I know I would, in fact if I felt like many seem to on this thread I would seek legal advice with a view to suing under the Trades Description act 1968, I mean how dare West Brom employ a Coach (with all the relevant badges, qualifications, references etc..) when they quite clearly knew that a lot of fans don't like him. 

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2014, 08:26:54 AM »

Just beat me to it. Baggiesfacts did a poll on twitter and got 80% against the appointment (from a sample size of 200 respondents) hardly 80% of the fans
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2014, 08:28:02 AM »
ticket office opens at 9
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2014, 08:36:19 AM »
We'll have to agree to disagree that Clarke & Mel were Head Coach's when we finished 8th & avoided relegation respectively.

Regarding the rest of your post, I think you should ask for a refund if you believe you've been 'duped' I know I would, in fact if I felt like many seem to on this thread I would seek legal advice with a view to suing under the Trades Description act 1968, I mean how dare West Brom employ a Coach (with all the relevant badges, qualifications, references etc..) when they quite clearly knew that a lot of fans don't like him.

He may have all the qualifications in the world but if he cant do the job then those qualifications mean absolutely nothing.
Would you sooner go to war with a leader straight out of Sandhurst with a certificate for hitting the bullseye on a target or a bloke whose done 3 tours of duty in Helman Providence unscathed?
His management record is at the best unispiring, he's never managed on his own at this level and the fact that he hasn't managed for 3 years says a lot.
He says he was offered the job before RDM since then we've had 4 managers, and he's never been put forward as candidate before any of those got the job.
I'm still in deep shock.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2014, 08:42:43 AM »
Just beat me to it. Baggiesfacts did a poll on twitter and got 80% against the appointment (from a sample size of 200 respondents) hardly 80% of the fans
Are there any statisticians amongst us? I suspect that 200 respondents is large enough to be statistically significant for mor general extrapolations to be drawn.

Have you sensed as many as 20% of people posting here as being in favour of Irvine's appointment? Whilst some people are trying to put a positive spin on it, I don't actually recall seeing anyone post saying that they're in favour of it.