Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 360942 times)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2016, 11:17:41 AM »
I cannot understand why any player would come to us on loan, it is pointless as they get absolutely no game time.
It is time for the club to realise unless TP wants them you can buy/loan who you want but he does not play them.

In Pulis' time here we have only had 3 players on loan (I think), Gnabry who even Arsenal said needed to do more to get game time, Sandro who did get game time and Pritchard who didn't get much game time. Pritchard seemed to be constantly injured but he's the only one you can really blame Pulis for.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2016, 11:50:37 AM »
Do we know if there is or isn't a view to a permanent deal?

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2016, 11:57:01 AM »
Do we know if there is or isn't a view to a permanent deal?

These initial reports suggest not, but I don't think they really know the details to be honest. I also read that Southampton want to bring in another forward before letting him come to us.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2016, 12:07:42 PM »
No issue with this if its as replacement for Vic , just hope its not supposed to be our only answer.
Other than his time at Burnley I know little of the player in all fairness , what was the injury ?

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2016, 12:12:04 PM »
No issue with this if its as replacement for Vic , just hope its not supposed to be our only answer.
Other than his time at Burnley I know little of the player in all fairness , what was the injury ?

Ruptured ACL.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2016, 02:33:25 PM »
As a backup signing (better than Lambert / Anichebe) then I'd be all for it. However I would hope that a loan deal wouldn't be one of the 5 players that Pulis wants. I still hope we can offload Berahino and bring in a striker of real quality. When I see the likes of Rodriguez and Galloway mentioned I can't help but feel we are a long way down our list of targets and now into panic mode.

Problem is I think we have enough 'back up' players.
We need proper first teamers
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2016, 02:36:46 PM »
If he is back to fitness then he is a starter, ultimately. Depends how he is after the injuries, but before them he was up there with Lallana and in the England squad.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2016, 02:54:05 PM »
Problem is I think we have enough 'back up' players.
We need proper first teamers

Absolutely but we seem unable to afford / attract them. This is as good as it gets I reckon.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2016, 12:30:52 AM »
Fit and on song a decent player. Certainly not a pacey Wideman. I'd still like to see a genuine winger come in more so for the right as we also have brunt as an option for the left side.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2016, 06:31:25 PM »
I'd still like to see a genuine winger come in more so for the right as we also have brunt as an option for the left side.
Phillips and Leko are right-sided. Neither Brunt nor McClean coud be classified as wingers really. I'm sure (well I hope) they were looking at Schlupp as a winger, rather than a left-back.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2016, 07:18:35 PM »
Phillips and Leko are right-sided. Neither Brunt nor McClean coud be classified as wingers really. I'm sure (well I hope) they were looking at Schlupp as a winger, rather than a left-back.

I think that was the idea, at least like you, I hope so anyway. Taylor as the left back with Schlupp in front.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2016, 07:45:43 PM »
Fit and on song a decent player. Certainly not a pacey Wideman. I'd still like to see a genuine winger come in more so for the right as we also have brunt as an option for the left side.

You're so right. For me this 'winger' stuff all has a sense of irony for me. My late grandfather always used to say to me during games in the 80's and 90's "Albion just don't know what decent wingers are these days"! Maybe that's because he never saw a Pulis team!....or maybe it's because he saw real wingers with flair who knew how to lift bums of seats. I know the game's changed but in my opinion, Phillips could be a great winger.....McMananan has all the tools to be a fabulous winger - sadly the face doesn't fit and we are looking for machines that 'run on empty'. Anyway, off-topic so I apologise.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 07:47:45 PM by sconesy »

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2016, 07:50:49 PM »
Rodriguez could work if we play him as a three up front on the left and then another new signing on the right of a three up front with Rondon being the 'pivot' in the middle. We'd of course need to have at least two mobile midfielders behind them to make this work though?

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2016, 08:49:49 PM »
Rodriguez could work if we play him as a three up front on the left and then another new signing on the right of a three up front with Rondon being the 'pivot' in the middle. We'd of course need to have at least two mobile midfielders behind them to make this work though?
More importantly, we'd need to have a different manager as Pulis would never play such a line-up!

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2016, 11:27:50 PM »
Going back to Burnley apparently.

superbobgod

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2016, 12:15:20 AM »
Going back to Burnley apparently.

Source/rumour/link please?

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2016, 12:41:42 AM »
Source/rumour/link please?

It's a "journalist" on twitter who claims to have links to a few clubs. Going through his twitter feed, it appears he latches on to transfer rumours as soon as they pop up and tries to pass them off as his own. The fact he is not followed by any other football journalists, as well as not seeming to be credited with any media articles, makes it hard for me to believe he is anything other than a bit of a fake account.

Lets wait and see.
Boing Boing

superbobgod

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2016, 09:30:17 AM »
It's a "journalist" on twitter who claims to have links to a few clubs. Going through his twitter feed, it appears he latches on to transfer rumours as soon as they pop up and tries to pass them off as his own. The fact he is not followed by any other football journalists, as well as not seeming to be credited with any media articles, makes it hard for me to believe he is anything other than a bit of a fake account.

Lets wait and see.

Cheers - Twitter ay!

dubliner

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2016, 01:33:44 PM »
Pat Murphy on Twitter saying this could be done in the next 24 hours.

‏@patmurphybbc
Looks like Jay Rodriguez could be @WBA on yr's loan in next 24 hrs as Soton fork out £21m to Lillee for extra forward power,freeing up JayR

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2016, 01:38:25 PM »

‏@patmurphybbc
Looks like Jay Rodriguez could be @WBA on yr's loan in next 24 hrs as Soton fork out £21m to Lillee for extra forward power,freeing up JayR

is he the geezer that says we are going to break our transfer record
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

dubliner

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2016, 01:39:10 PM »
That was him alright.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2016, 01:57:52 PM »

‏@patmurphybbc

Win win for saints. New striker while we get fit their cast off. Could be a master stroke for us if he passes medical and can regain form  but if he is our sole striker signing...

To be fair, two reasonable on loan signings made IF there are further reinforcements...
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2016, 02:02:29 PM »
Someone should really warn the lad not to bother wasting a year of his career here.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2016, 02:07:00 PM »
Why are we waiting for Saints to sign a decent striker before we get their rehabilitation project?

Why don't we challenge for the decent striker. Small time attitude in my opinion

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2016, 02:25:13 PM »
This is actually embarrassing TBH, we are prepared to take on their 3rd choice striker even after they have sold the likes of Mane, Wanyama and Pelle? and we wait around for them to sort their transfer dealings... really?
MAGA!