Author Topic: Gatean Bong  (Read 9361 times)

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Gatean Bong
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2019, 06:21:58 PM »
 Totally agree about  and one,seems a sly type of player,now I might be wrong on this one but I thought I saw him put a foot very close to binds face when going for a ball near the post,nasty player  should get a red

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2019, 06:50:05 PM »
He made a false accusation against one of our players, an accusation that could have had serious consequences for Jay's career - I personally thought it was a shame he didn't face a full stadium. Our club has suffered more than most from actual racism and his slanderous accusations make light of the effort this club has put into leading the fight against discrimination of all forms.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2019, 07:06:37 PM »
Bong should take a look back in history,try being the 3 degrees back in the day,every match for years and he owes his crappy career to Cyrille,Laurie and Brendon, the true trailblazers.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2019, 07:09:59 PM »
The chants weren't racist, they related to the fact Rodriguez said in his defence, that he told Bong to get away as his breath stunk, and not the racist word that had been aledged. As per expected, nobody in the London media, currently looking to drive home the recent stories regarding racism in football, want to notice the difference.

That said, I wouldn't have joined in with boos or chants against Bong. It doesn't look good, it gives people a chance to bash us, and it is unwanted attention, even if the racist claims levelled at us by Hughton and the media aren't true (there isn't a fan base in the country who wouldn't have reacted the same).

I also don't get why neither Brighton nor West Brom fans can possibly comprehend, that a bloke who speaks English as a second or third lanaguage, possibly misheard something somebody else said, and genuinely believed he was racially abused.

Brighton fans are on their high horse on social media this morning, talking s**** about how their booing and chants against Rodriguez are fine but ours were shocking. Absolute b*******. Facts are, football fans together get a pack mentality. They care care little for reason, and act like knobs. That goes for both sets of fans.
We don’t have to comprehend that he misheard...he didn’t misshear...he stated on a French sports show (whilst the investigation was taking place) that “he said what he said because I am black”

What an absolute idiot the man is,he should be mocked every time he plays
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2019, 07:29:41 PM »
I personally disagree.   To taunt a player about their colour (or sexual orientation etc) is plain wrong and not only against our tradition but also against the law. However, to taunt a player who happens to be black (or Asian/ gay etc) about something else does not constitute racism. We have given plenty of players stick over the years because of either their previous clubs, previous infractions against us or elements of their private life.  We didn’t give boo Stan Collymore because of the colour of his skin but because of his previous allegiance and comments about Albion.  To immediately apologise to a black man booed by a small section of our crowd is to acknowledge that the boos were meant with racist intentions and purely because Bong is black. I think that would be an error.

I agree.

I was at the match last night & the Brighton fans were responsible for having a go at J Rod first. Our fans responded, by booing the Brighton fans.
I didn't hear any derogatory remarks aimed at Bong, but he was booed when he came on & when he got the ball.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2019, 08:10:16 PM »
and perhaps their supporters club will write to WBA and apologise for their fans making accusations that JRod was a racist.
I think its another case of some people trying to take the moral high ground.
Whats the difference between insinuating that Bong smells or Berahino is fat, or Andy Carrol smacks women?
Lets all be offended on behalf of someone else.
Barmy.
The world has indeed gone mad.
Great post. The one's calling fellow Albion fans idiot's, morons etc should have been around in the 70s.All football fans from all clubs have a go at opposing players and fans at the end of the day we are at a football match not in the theatre.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2019, 08:26:32 PM »
Personally think the guy had it coming, didn't hear anything from our fans that was anything other than disrespect for his actions. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2019, 09:17:11 PM »
If there is video evidence of fans shouting racist terms at him (like with the west ham fans vs Salah), then fine, it needs investigation. But there won't be because it wasn't racially motivated.

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2019, 10:10:23 PM »
So one set of fans chant at a white player implying he’s a racist, one set chant at a black player implying he smells yet there is only one bad guy...

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2019, 01:09:49 PM »
Personally, I believe our supports club should write to Brighton and apologies for the small number of idiots who would besmirch our clubs name and proud tradition of being against any form of discrimination.

The majority of our supports are decent, fair and reasonable individuals and should not be tainted by the actions that were witnessed last night and reported in today's national press.

The club might also consider a similar action

I've read this post several times now and I'm still at a loss as to what you're on about.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2019, 01:44:05 PM »
Has anyone seen his comments in the papers today?
“The more you batter me, the more you give me motivation to be tough with your players. This is your choice.”

Is he implying that if he’s booed he’s going to intentially attempt to injure other players?
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2019, 02:18:38 PM »
One can only go by perceptions to take a view of what sort of person a player is, and Bong comes across as an unpleasant individual. I had also thought of Chris Hughton as a decent sort of bloke but after Wednesday I think he has made himself look something of a fool. Anyway, I don’t like Brighton & HA, they’re the ‘plastic’ Albion; there is only one Albion.....! I also dislike Brighton’s ‘away’ kit, horrible, deserve to be relegated for that alone!

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2019, 03:50:21 PM »
Has anyone seen his comments in the papers today?
“The more you batter me, the more you give me motivation to be tough with your players. This is your choice.”

Is he implying that if he’s booed he’s going to intentially attempt to injure other players?

Reply to bong “bring it on oh scented one” . Shows just what a nasty, small minded piece of work he is. Should have been punished for premeditated lying to get a fellow professional sent off. And if he really thinks he is able to get tough with anybody I know a few who will gladly oblige him. What a wazzock, him and his arrogant rectal orifice of a manager

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2019, 04:51:27 PM »
Reply to bong “bring it on oh scented one” . Shows just what a nasty, small minded piece of work he is. Should have been punished for premeditated lying to get a fellow professional sent off. And if he really thinks he is able to get tough with anybody I know a few who will gladly oblige him. What a wazzock, him and his arrogant rectal orifice of a manager

Regarding Chris Hughton who i like and admire, i think his comments were trying to divert attention away from his thug of a player who elbowed Sam Field.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2019, 06:01:53 PM »
I've read this post several times now and I'm still at a loss as to what you're on about.

From the accounts I have now read regarding the chanting aimed at Bong, I acknowledge I was wrong to arrive at a conclusion, based on unfounded reporting, that some fans had racially abused him. For that error of judgment, I offer an apology to all on this forum.

No wonder you were "at a loss" Dan, sorry!   :-[ :-[ :-[
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2019, 07:41:47 PM »
From the accounts I have now read regarding the chanting aimed at Bong, I acknowledge I was wrong to arrive at a conclusion, based on unfounded reporting, that some fans had racially abused him. For that error of judgment, I offer an apology to all on this forum.

No wonder you were "at a loss" Dan, sorry!   :-[ :-[ :-[

No worries chap, have a good one.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

mifos

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2019, 12:47:33 PM »

About time they admitted the original incident was a blatant attempt at using the race card to get J Rod sent off. (though won't hold my breath)

Booing a player who has falsely accused one of our players of racism is not racist. Neither is repeating the accusation that he smells(though accept this is distasteful, but fairly standard terrace fare)

Seems anything derogatory aimed at a black player is immediately labelled racism. Some people need to brush the chips oif their shoulders.

Being falsely accused of racism is offensive in the extreme.

Hughton and Bong should be ashamed of themselves.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2019, 12:58:51 PM »
Whenever I see this title, I see "gateau"
Is he a fruit cake?  :P

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2019, 01:21:10 PM »
Not quite sure what Bong is on about with his wittering comments but i dont imagine too many opposition players are too worried about his ability to actually play football (he is pretty poor) let alone him acting 'tough with your players'.

I think there was always going to be some sort of reaction to both Jrod and Bong from opposition fans, it didnt cross a line and it may of got a brief mention in the media but i think Hughton trying to draw attention to it from one side is poor from him with how delicate the situation is.

I always liked him but think he has made himself look a bit of idiot with this, if he genuinely is that easily offended by the chants and was that concerned (which would be surprising to say the least) then he should say both sets of fans should be looked at, however by highlighting our fans and not both sets of fans he has embarrassed himself and took away any credibility his views may of had.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2019, 02:44:18 PM »
I'm done with this subject after this.

Rodriguez wasn't falsely accused  as I've seen spouted on here and all over social media. He was NOT found not guilty.

An unsavoury incident all round.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.