Author Topic: Oliver Burke signs for Sheffield United (Permanent)  (Read 284887 times)

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

Re: Oliver Burke (on loan at Celtic)
« Reply #625 on: October 28, 2018, 09:32:59 PM »
It's becoming utterly bemusing but neither Pullis, Pardew or Moore seems to want to play him.  If HRK is seen as more effective I can only say that Burke must be shocking in training.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #626 on: October 28, 2018, 09:57:08 PM »
Ideal situation yesterday to bring on his raw pace when Blackburn we're reduced to 10 men and Moore got it wrong again. So negative and conservative with his subs. Edwards, Leko, Burke, Harper all should have got a lot more time off the bench this season. Ridiculous that he keeps giving HRK minutes on the pitch at the expense of all of our other attacking options.

yorkshire baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #627 on: October 28, 2018, 10:07:03 PM »
I think the problem may be the management. Pulis signed him but hasn't a clue how to deal with flair players, Pardew didnt have a clue, and Darren doesn't risk young players.
He certainly won't get to prove himself if he is not given the chance. Something very odd about the whole situation.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #628 on: October 29, 2018, 09:01:11 AM »
I think the problem may be the management. Pulis signed him but hasn't a clue how to deal with flair players, Pardew didnt have a clue, and Darren doesn't risk young players.
He certainly won't get to prove himself if he is not given the chance. Something very odd about the whole situation.

As you say , something odd about it all. Normally I'd be tempted to say that if 3 managers aren't giving him a go then it's probably something to do with the player but he has been turning out for the U23's, playing well by all accounts and scoring regularly so it can't be an attitude thing.

I'd be looking to utilise his pace off the bench against Hull as a replacement for Sako.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #629 on: October 29, 2018, 12:48:40 PM »
It's becoming utterly bemusing but neither Pullis, Pardew or Moore seems to want to play him.  If HRK is seen as more effective I can only say that Burke must be shocking in training.

Usually if three successive managers won't give a player a go, I'd point and say the player was failing. But the fact that three successive managers think that Robson-Kanu is good enough for this football club means that I really don't trust their judgement.

Burke was desperately needed on Saturday. Or Edwards, but after a good outing against Reading he's disappeared again.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #630 on: October 29, 2018, 01:44:27 PM »
Usually if three successive managers won't give a player a go, I'd point and say the player was failing. But the fact that three successive managers think that Robson-Kanu is good enough for this football club means that I really don't trust their judgement.

Burke was desperately needed on Saturday. Or Edwards, but after a good outing against Reading he's disappeared again.

The best thing for Burke's career at the moment would be a loan away to a 'lower half' championship team, somewhere for him to get some game time other than the u23 level that he seems too good for.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #631 on: October 29, 2018, 01:56:07 PM »
The best thing for Burke's career at the moment would be a loan away to a 'lower half' championship team, somewhere for him to get some game time other than the u23 level that he seems too good for.

We'll be one of them soon at this rate! :o ;D

Anyway, I'd certainly bring him on for 20 minutes...the sort of player that gets bums off seats and generates an atmosphere that can turn a game on a sixpence.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 01:59:10 PM by miggybaggy »

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #632 on: October 29, 2018, 02:40:15 PM »

The best thing for Burke's career at the moment would be for us to play him. Give him a run and see if he can justify the hype and his price tag. The few times I have seen him I have been impressed with his hunger to run at defences. He is not the finished article but we need answers on this one - I think we are all mystified as to why the likes of HRK get the nod over this lad........ 
MAGA!

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #633 on: October 29, 2018, 02:52:54 PM »
He's already showed us enough to know that he can damage teams with his pace and strength in the little time he's had. The perfect impact player to bring off the bench (god forbid he ever starts) and tear tiring defenders a new ****hole. I am getting very concerned with the way things are going under Moore. It's all well and good having a Plan A that gets you goals against weaker teams, but we need a Plan B, C, D,E,F and G for the times when Plan A doesn't work. Moore seems to only have Plan A at the minute. Hopefully he wakes up smells the coffee and starts using a bit of common sense in our approach. We've got the players, we just need balance between attack and defence.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #634 on: October 30, 2018, 08:09:25 AM »
Personally I'd question any agent who sends a kid to Germany with less than 20 starts under his belt at Forest , for me thats where the issues started and why Albion are trying to take him back to basics .

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #635 on: October 30, 2018, 08:31:11 AM »

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #636 on: October 30, 2018, 08:38:07 AM »
He's already showed us enough to know that he can damage teams with his pace and strength in the little time he's had. The perfect impact player to bring off the bench (god forbid he ever starts) and tear tiring defenders a new ****hole. I am getting very concerned with the way things are going under Moore. It's all well and good having a Plan A that gets you goals against weaker teams, but we need a Plan B, C, D,E,F and G for the times when Plan A doesn't work. Moore seems to only have Plan A at the minute. Hopefully he wakes up smells the coffee and starts using a bit of common sense in our approach. We've got the players, we just need balance between attack and defence.

Has he? When?

I remember him assisting Morrison away at Brighton last season but other than that he hasn't really done much. He did play well in the league cup against Luton and Mansfield but they are much inferior opposition to what we face in the Championship. He has been playing well for the U23's but again it's against inferior opposition.

Having said that I would like to see him get more time on the pitch and like many others think he was the best replacement for Sako against Blackburn. There should be a lot more to come from Burke which increased game time should allow but to say he has already shown us enough is something I just don't see.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #637 on: October 30, 2018, 09:13:15 AM »
Has he? When?

I remember him assisting Morrison away at Brighton last season but other than that he hasn't really done much. He did play well in the league cup against Luton and Mansfield but they are much inferior opposition to what we face in the Championship. He has been playing well for the U23's but again it's against inferior opposition.

Having said that I would like to see him get more time on the pitch and like many others think he was the best replacement for Sako against Blackburn. There should be a lot more to come from Burke which increased game time should allow but to say he has already shown us enough is something I just don't see.
The ratio of minutes discussing Burke to minutes on the pitch grows by the day. Strange how so many of us see potential in him when the management doesn't.
Fully agree that he should have come on Saturday, but think we are flogging a dead horse to be honest.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #638 on: October 30, 2018, 10:03:08 AM »
The ratio of minutes discussing Burke to minutes on the pitch grows by the day. Strange how so many of us see potential in him when the management doesn't.
Fully agree that he should have come on Saturday, but think we are flogging a dead horse to be honest.

I find it very strange that he can put in consistently good performances for the U23's (judging by match reports) yet can't get first team action.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #639 on: October 30, 2018, 10:07:06 AM »

Pretty much as I see it.
Three managers can't be wrong, and we haven't seen him on a regular basis to form our own opinion.
Looks good against weaker opposition, but if HRK is getting the nod above him he must be poor.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #640 on: October 30, 2018, 10:09:54 AM »
Pretty much as I see it.
Three managers can't be wrong, and we haven't seen him on a regular basis to form our own opinion.
Looks good against weaker opposition, but if HRK is getting the nod above him he must be poor.

I don't buy that, of course they can.

There are far more unsuccessful managers out there than successful ones.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #641 on: October 30, 2018, 10:31:35 AM »
Think you have to forget the fee and when you do its clear he's a kid with potential thats not really developed since leaving Forest.
Compare him to Harvey Barnes and how his club has handled him , wouldn't surprise me to see Burke sold if a decent offer comes in .

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #642 on: October 30, 2018, 05:27:30 PM »
Didn't Dave put him on a specific training schedule,is he still on it?

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #643 on: November 01, 2018, 01:09:26 AM »
Has to be given a chance with his recent displays for u23, Moore needs to grow a pair

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #644 on: December 06, 2018, 11:59:20 AM »
I'd send him up to Steve Clarke for rest of season.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #645 on: December 06, 2018, 12:46:03 PM »

Wouldn't be a bad shout sending up to Scotland to be honest.

Tricky one letting him go to a championship club unless it was a team near the bottom, but then would he be getting the experience we need him to get playing in a team that gets beat most weeks.

I would like to think we wouldn't be looking to send out to any league 1 teams either. So top 3/4 team in Scotland may be a better shout.

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #646 on: December 19, 2018, 02:58:18 AM »
how is he performing for the u23?

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #647 on: December 19, 2018, 03:30:31 AM »

I third this motion passed.
O Albion we love you

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #648 on: December 20, 2018, 09:13:45 AM »
I think he needs to go, either permanently or on loan for his own development.
At the moment he's taking up a squad place that could be better utilised in the transfer widow.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #649 on: December 20, 2018, 09:20:09 AM »
Personally I would prefer to see him on loan for six months at a fellow Championship side, lower down the table, where he will play week in week out and we will see how he gets on before making a decision on him in the summer.