Poll

Who would you prefer as next WBA manager: Tony Pulis OR Tim Sherwood?

Tony Pulis
Tim Sherwood

Author Topic: New Manager thread  (Read 363899 times)

addy

• Senior Baggie

Re: New Manager thread
« Reply #525 on: December 29, 2014, 08:17:59 PM »
no apology needed mate, baggie 79 hasn't said hes the next coach just that hes a serious contender.

I know, its never official till its official, but separate ITK's with there own sources who I have read posts and trusted for years indicate that Pulis is keen on the job and we seem to be interested in him. Will it happen who knows, he could end up going to Brighton & Hove Albion.. but that's football anything can happen.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #526 on: December 29, 2014, 08:29:14 PM »
I know, its never official till its official, but separate ITK's with there own sources who I have read posts and trusted for years indicate that Pulis is keen on the job and we seem to be interested in him. Will it happen who knows, he could end up going to Brighton & Hove Albion.. but that's football anything can happen.
Regardless what we want and what people ITK tell us I would still like the club to conduct themselves in a proper manner regarding irvines position if he is to leave, must be horrible to see names banded about concerning the job your currently in, I personally want a change but am mindful that someone's job is at stake.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #527 on: December 29, 2014, 08:35:36 PM »
Regardless what we want and what people ITK tell us I would still like the club to conduct themselves in a proper manner regarding irvines position if he is to leave, must be horrible to see names banded about concerning the job your currently in, I personally want a change but am mindful that someone's job is at stake.

Of course, Irvine knew what he signed up for though when he took the job. Results business and all that.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #528 on: December 29, 2014, 08:38:19 PM »
give the job to pulis he is the best chance we have of staying up,everyone knows it or should know it,peace should give him what he wants,our pure footballing idealists,should see we aint played much pure football since tony Mowbray anyway,palace played great football under pulis,west ham aint doing to badly under big sam another one of the pulis mould,its pulis or the championship that's the choice,not one single other manager ive seen mentioned on this forum could bring the dressing room around a get results as quick

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #529 on: December 29, 2014, 08:43:49 PM »
I know I keep on plugging for Alan Curbishley but its because he fits the bill perfectly .
His style of play is easy on the eye and effective.
He is a English coach/Manager
He is Cheap no compensation.
Has a very good pedigree in the Premiership, over 38% win rate over several years at Charlton and left to a standing ovation.
Already has links with the club.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #530 on: December 29, 2014, 08:47:24 PM »
I know I keep on plugging for Alan Curbishley but its because he fits the bill perfectly .
Has a very good pedigree in the Premiership, over 38% win rate over several years at Charlton and left to a standing ovation.

My god. When was the last time he coached. And he failed and lasted five minutes at Fulham albeit behind the scenes . No way no thanks.
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #531 on: December 29, 2014, 08:48:58 PM »

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #532 on: December 29, 2014, 08:49:05 PM »
Don't you have any reservations about how long he's been out the game though, he was good when at Charlton  but apart from a close call at joining the dings whats he been doing.
What are the links at the club.
would love to see ardiles style again even though he walked out on us.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 08:53:57 PM by caravanc58 »

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #533 on: December 29, 2014, 08:51:40 PM »
Don't you have any reservations about how long he's been out the game though, he was good when at Charlton  but apart from a close call at joining the dings whats he been doing.

One link we are all aware of is Mervyn Day
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #534 on: December 29, 2014, 08:55:24 PM »
a massive gamble,even Sherwood is a gamble,the only one who isn't a gamble is pulis

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #535 on: December 29, 2014, 08:58:19 PM »
Latest Odds

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/west-brom/next-permanent-manager

Sherwood overtakes Pulis as frontrunner.
Just shows what little there is out there, 38 people on that list yet there's probably only 4 I would want.

weareblueweare white

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #536 on: December 29, 2014, 09:28:10 PM »
He quit at West Ham then sued them for constructive dismissal, Jeremy wouldn't touch him with a barge pole

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #537 on: December 29, 2014, 09:41:32 PM »

Oh not him again why does he always crop up the bookies dummy, we all know that he has no interest in managing us or any smaller premier league team outside London.

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #538 on: December 29, 2014, 10:11:03 PM »
would love to see ardiles style again even though he walked out on us.
I  think he has probably watched more games than any manager in the league over the past few years as i keep saying he hasn't been on the moon.
got the experience thats all i'm saying and probably would walk out on us for the England job after Roy and taking us to 3 top 10 finishes.
but deep down we all now it will be another nice guy i think Hughton fits the bill nicely but we can dream.

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #539 on: December 29, 2014, 10:18:57 PM »
He quit at West Ham then sued them for constructive dismissal, Jeremy wouldn't touch him with a barge pole
#

the club sold his best players after the season had started and he had won 2 of the first 3 matches.

just putting a name in the hat mate

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #540 on: December 29, 2014, 10:24:20 PM »
I  think he has probably watched more games than any manager in the league over the past few years as i keep saying he hasn't been on the moon.
got the experience thats all i'm saying and probably would walk out on us for the England job after Roy and taking us to 3 top 10 finishes.
but deep down we all now it will be another nice guy i think Hughton fits the bill nicely but we can dream.

God no, not Hughton. Norwich fans were appalled at his negative approach last season.  Sound familiar?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #541 on: December 29, 2014, 10:26:38 PM »
#

the club sold his best players after the season had started and he had won 2 of the first 3 matches.

just putting a name in the hat mate

Wasn't that at the time the Icelandics bought West Ham?  The club at that time made Leeds and Portsmouth look well-run.

We could do a lot worse than Curbishley and we probably could do better.  He was on my wish list after Hodgson left us.

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #542 on: December 29, 2014, 10:27:08 PM »
Thats the most depressing and worrying thought - JP sacks AI - keeps backroom staff (he won't pay them all off will he) and appoint another yes man who he will hope can perform a miracle. Hughton, Jones, Adkins, McDermott etc, you can just see it coming.
Those who think (or hope like me) a Pulis like Manager will be appointed(who we surely need) will be more annoyed than they are right now.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #543 on: December 29, 2014, 10:29:17 PM »
I dare say Mike Phelans name will crop up , speaking to a Norwich fan at work he tells me since Phelan came in they have been playing four CM's across the midfield ..... ::)
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #544 on: December 29, 2014, 10:34:28 PM »
Thats the most depressing and worrying thought - JP sacks AI - keeps backroom staff (he won't pay them all off will he) and appoint another yes man who he will hope can perform a miracle. Hughton, Jones, Adkins, McDermott etc, you can just see it coming.
Those who think (or hope like me) a Pulis like Manager will be appointed(who we surely need) will be more annoyed than they are right now.
Sorry i didn't mean i was suggesting him, i was just saying we all want better but he is what we will get or some like him .
Hop its someone like Pulis but i think we can see cows flying there.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #545 on: December 29, 2014, 10:48:00 PM »
Tony Pulis top of our wishlist according to the Mirror, with talks already taken place.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alan-irvine-brink-west-brom-4890803

Mirror Sport understands contact has been made with Tony Pulis, who is available after leaving Crystal Palace in August.

Pulis wants £1.5million a year and full control of transfers, which are currently determined by owner Jeremy Peace and Albion’s sporting director Terry Burton.

Peace is ready to part with Albion’s existing backroom staff of Keith Downing and Dean Kiely, who stayed on when Pepe Mel left in May.

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #546 on: December 29, 2014, 10:49:14 PM »
fills me with dread what he's going to come up with now, just hoped he's moved quick to get pulis before the toon, sherwood, hughton both mistakes.
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #547 on: December 29, 2014, 10:57:06 PM »
Tony Pulis top of our wishlist according to the Mirror, with talks already taken place.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alan-irvine-brink-west-brom-4890803

Mirror Sport understands contact has been made with Tony Pulis, who is available after leaving Crystal Palace in August.

Pulis wants £1.5million a year and full control of transfers,
which are currently determined by owner Jeremy Peace and Albion’s sporting director Terry Burton

Peace is ready to part with Albion’s existing backroom staff of Keith Downing and Dean Kiely, who stayed on when Pepe Mel left in May.

That one's a non runner then.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #548 on: December 29, 2014, 11:01:33 PM »
That one's a non runner then.

Pretty standard wage I think. Wasn't we going to offer Hodgson nearly £3m/year

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #549 on: December 29, 2014, 11:07:07 PM »
I'm thinking of applying for the job.

I've coached under-15s to a cup final (held at the Bucks Head in Telford) and a semi final in the same year. I'm not sure who would be more challenging to work with: under-15s or the Albion lot?

Plus, I'm willing to come cheap, and I'm prepared to get the sack in 6 months.

Surely I tick all the boxes?