Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 360937 times)

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #1150 on: October 02, 2018, 08:13:08 PM »
Are we talking about a guy who's scored 7 goals for us this season so far?
Or someone else who's not scored yet?
Crikey lads.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1151 on: October 02, 2018, 11:04:04 PM »

Needs to be more consistent for me. I wasn't at Preston but apparently he played well. Goes missing too much for my liking. Can't ever fault his effort and he's a model professional. Just need to see a bit more quality on a more regular basis.
I was at Preston where he was excellent. Don’t think he can be faulted this season.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1152 on: October 02, 2018, 11:18:03 PM »
Crikey lads.
4 of which have been penalties won by Gayle. I like Rodriguez but I don’t think he’s as good as some make out, and as has been stated his consistency has been an issue right from time the start, he has been more consistent so far this season but hats not to say he hasn’t had some bad games.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1153 on: October 02, 2018, 11:26:19 PM »
He does go missing imo and I wouldn't have complained if he'd gone to Burnley for a massive fee.

Problem was who was going to replace him, as our other targets like Jack Marriott aren't tear it up at Derby.

We may regret letting Tyler Roberts go as he scored the winner again tonight.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1154 on: October 02, 2018, 11:37:13 PM »
Crikey lads.
Didn't catch the Preston game but personally think he hasn't got going yet this season.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1155 on: October 02, 2018, 11:37:27 PM »
Point is he scored 4 penalties!
He could have missed them or had them saved.
If he goes missing so what?
I dont think he does.
I can't believe that some on here are knocking a player who is our leading goalscorer,we only scored 21 last season.
Our front two are deadly savour them stop the criticism.
I could understand it if we were struggling to score but really guys.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1156 on: October 02, 2018, 11:41:22 PM »
Point is he scored 4 penalties!
He could have missed them or had them saved.
If he goes missing so what?
I dont think he does.
I can't believe that some on here are knocking a player who is our leading goalscorer,we only scored 21 last season.
Our front two are deadly savour them stop the criticism.
I could understand it if we were struggling to score but really guys.

Its constructive criticism nothing wrong with that. Some people want to be a little less defensive and a little more open minded.   

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1157 on: October 02, 2018, 11:55:33 PM »
He does go missing imo and I wouldn't have complained if he'd gone to Burnley for a massive fee.

Problem was who was going to replace him, as our other targets like Jack Marriott aren't tear it up at Derby.

We may regret letting Tyler Roberts go as he scored the winner again tonight.

We didn't let Tyler Roberts go, he chose to refuse several new contract offers and moved on.

But yes, we may well live to regret him choosing to naughty word us off at some point.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1158 on: October 27, 2018, 11:49:56 PM »
Really needs dropping I'm still aggrieved with that back pass against derby and his failure to execute a 3 yard pass for a Gayle tap in.

Missed a big chance again today.

Don't think he offers enough if we are going to persist with the 2 up top I hope it's Sako and Gayle. Although I would be happy for him to dropped for an extra midfielder
O Albion we love you

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1159 on: October 27, 2018, 11:59:08 PM »
Really needs dropping I'm still aggrieved with that back pass against derby and his failure to execute a 3 yard pass for a Gayle tap in.

Missed a big chance again today.

Don't think he offers enough if we are going to persist with the 2 up top I hope it's Sako and Gayle. Although I would be happy for him to dropped for an extra midfielder

In an ideal world burnley will be struggling and will make a stupid offer for Jrod and Dawson in Jan and dowling will have found some great replacements.

If the disarray at brentford continues then a cheeky 7m bid for maupay may get him but probably need to go higher.

I don't think Jrod is great and at his age we should cash in before it is too late.

Today's miss was bad but we need him to be on about 12 - 15 goals by Jan to attract a stupid bid of 18-20m imo.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1160 on: October 28, 2018, 12:19:23 AM »
In an ideal world burnley will be struggling and will make a stupid offer for Jrod and Dawson in Jan and dowling will have found some great replacements.

If the disarray at brentford continues then a cheeky 7m bid for maupay may get him but probably need to go higher.

I don't think Jrod is great and at his age we should cash in before it is too late.

Today's miss was bad but we need him to be on about 12 - 15 goals by Jan to attract a stupid bid of 18-20m imo.

As the penalty taker he has a good chance to have that many goals. And plenty of chance of Burnley being in trouble come Jan. Cardiff and Huddersfield might be in for him yet. at his age any offer over £8 mil I would be taking.
O Albion we love you

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1161 on: October 28, 2018, 12:30:28 AM »
The only problem we will have is if they actually watch him play at which point a fiver with a mars bar thrown in wild seem a decent offer.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1162 on: October 28, 2018, 07:58:00 AM »
Not a midfielder , not a wide player . Just a badly out of form forward , very lucky the only option behind him is HRK so far this season.
Personally don't think he's got going at all this season , bench for me when Gayle is fit and let Sako or even Burke have a run.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1163 on: October 28, 2018, 08:15:01 AM »
Not as bad as some of the comments on here in my opinion.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1164 on: October 28, 2018, 08:32:57 AM »
Not as bad as some of the comments on here in my opinion.
In general I quite like him but at the minute I feel he's miles off . Doesn't win the ball , doesn't hold the ball , lacking physically when up against tough defenders , not creating much and not much of a threat . Too much time playing with his hair  :).
Needs a break when Gayles fit IMO.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1165 on: October 28, 2018, 08:37:14 AM »
Wouldn’t argue that he needs a break but I have seen far worse in his position at Albion. If he ends up on bench does it finally mean no place in the 18 for HRK? Or is that a crazy dream I’m having? ;)

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1166 on: October 28, 2018, 08:48:45 AM »
Wouldn’t argue that he needs a break but I have seen far worse in his position at Albion. If he ends up on bench does it finally mean no place in the 18 for HRK? Or is that a crazy dream I’m having? ;)
;D , wake up.

baggiesboots

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1167 on: October 28, 2018, 09:34:05 AM »
The issue in JRs case is the same as the midfield and CB positions, we've got 2 decent players, but no quality replacements to come in. Therefore he plays wether he's good,bad or indifferent. We should of took the ££ for him and Dawson in the summer and rebuilt with younger hungry players, as it's clear Dawson doesn't want to be here either.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 09:35:37 AM by baggiesboots »

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1168 on: October 28, 2018, 10:20:16 AM »
He struts around the pitch playing with his hair. Missed an OPEN GOAL yesterday and reacted by jogging back to the half-way line high-fiving his team mates like it was something to be proud off. He should have had his head torn off for it. Particularly after that back-pass in midweek. The attitude of the team is embarrassing. His only contribution this season is the header at Preston and a lucky goal at Norwich. Gayle has won him a few penalties to get his goal count up. With no Gayle we needed him to step-up yesterday and he was anonymous. Clearly a very average player. Doesn't seem the brightest either given his pathetic you stink rubbish with Bong. Managed to kick the Blackburn GK in the head, couldn't even jump over him.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1169 on: October 28, 2018, 10:39:05 AM »
The issue in JRs case is the same as the midfield and CB positions, we've got 2 decent players, but no quality replacements to come in. Therefore he plays wether he's good,bad or indifferent. We should of took the ££ for him and Dawson in the summer and rebuilt with younger hungry players, as it's clear Dawson doesn't want to be here either.
average striker since that bad injury he had if Burnley come back in for him I'd let him go.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1170 on: October 28, 2018, 11:13:57 AM »
Although he isnt having a particularly good season, i think its harsh to say anything good he does is lucky.

I also dont think you can fault his work rate, if anything he tries to hard, almost as though he is trying to prove too much that not moving in the summer doesnt bother him.

From what i have seen he doesnt look as though he is really enjoying his football, he is void of confidence, he is trying but he looks nowhere near the level he can play.

Its been building for a while but i think the expectation and pressure is getting to a number of our players, time will tell whether they can deal with the pressure or not.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1171 on: October 28, 2018, 04:29:09 PM »
I think some of the criticism is harsh. Southampton fans still speak warmly of him and supported him character wise over the Dong incident. I don't think you can have a go re his work rate. Yesterday he should have put away the one v one with the keeper (as I think all decent strikers should). The follow up was more difficult as it came back at him very fast. However, overall he has a decent goalscoring record this and last season.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1172 on: October 28, 2018, 04:37:50 PM »
When we signed him, I wasn't too happy, as I felt that we'd paid far too much. I think what he's contributed so far since I was right to be cautious.

A player with one eye on England when he signed, that fact is even in the Championship he's failed to really shine. And as people have said, if the only obvious replacement wasn't Robson-Kanu, he'd have been out the team before now.

I'd rather have sent him to Newcastle and kept Rondon.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1173 on: October 28, 2018, 04:49:03 PM »
Rodriguez, Rondon Rodriguez Rondon? Rodriguez all day long no brainer for me.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1174 on: October 28, 2018, 09:54:41 PM »
As good as Gayle is we are too reliant on him and need to bring in another striker in January with some threat and pedigree. J-Rod is clearly not up to it, working hard isn't enough.