Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1131169 times)

Doobuy

• Youth Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #1100 on: May 18, 2016, 01:59:05 PM »
he would score 15 plus goals a year for most teams. with our posession stats, our lack of delivery into the box, and lack of penetration generally - he has an excellent retrurn. i would not be surprised if another team came in with a big offer for him -

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1101 on: May 18, 2016, 08:37:18 PM »
10 goals is a great return from the Salomon as the previous post states having such low service and still getting that amount is fantastic.

Get him the right supply and he will score much more.

My boss is an Arsenal fan and STH and he was impressed with him at the Emirates.

Living in Leicester and surrounded by Leicester fans they were drooling over his performance against them at the King Power.

ComebackStrodds

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1103 on: May 30, 2016, 05:41:36 PM »

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1104 on: May 30, 2016, 08:51:11 PM »
What a guy, she's got her whole life ahead of her now to look forward to at 92

..... I bet you're a pleasure to know.....

Nice one Salomon. Hope he gets 15+ for us next season and then a move to a cup winning team. He's a good lad.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1105 on: June 06, 2016, 10:16:32 AM »
Didnt look particular good last night in the Copa America against Jamaica.

Two moves of note though and both had in hand in chances created, one leading to the winning goal.

Expect more than two quality moves a game from him.

Rooting for him though in the cup and Gamboa.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1106 on: June 06, 2016, 07:38:52 PM »
Didnt look particular good last night in the Copa America against Jamaica.

Two moves of note though and both had in hand in chances created, one leading to the winning goal.

Expect more than two quality moves a game from him.

Rooting for him though in the cup and Gamboa.

Looked like he had less support from his teammates than he gets here the poor sod.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1107 on: June 07, 2016, 06:28:55 AM »
I'm hoping Tone will get him a supply chain for next season.
I'm hoping for great things from Salomon next season
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Bigrob80

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1108 on: June 08, 2016, 12:37:04 AM »
Agreed! He has had a fantastic first season in the premier considering the lack of supply, etc, etc.
He has put a shift in for us even when he had no delivery! I really hope we can get some better service/help for him next season so he can flourish into the goal scorer he has been before!!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1109 on: June 10, 2016, 06:34:00 AM »
He scored the only goal of the game against Uruguay in the Copa America last night, only a relatively simple tap in after an early outrageous shot from the right winger. Through to the Quarter Final with a game to spare but he did limp off injured in the second half so hopefully it isn't anything serious.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

Allllllll aboard

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1112 on: June 10, 2016, 12:10:42 PM »
https://streamable.com/d39h

Clip of the goal. Good instincts but what an effort from the other player.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1113 on: June 10, 2016, 12:21:04 PM »
Strikers goal...great instincts

Cant wait too se him in action next season think he will be a big player next season
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

t76

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1114 on: June 10, 2016, 01:27:10 PM »
If only he had someone to feed him,he would double his goals.Hope his hamstring heals.
Light travels faster than sound.That's why some people appear bright until they speak.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1115 on: June 10, 2016, 01:42:13 PM »
Hoping this good run of goals for country will see him come to pre-season full of confidence and raring to go. Like others say, we need creatives in the team and we need them early so we can hit the ground running before frustration sets in for him.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1116 on: June 10, 2016, 02:02:34 PM »
Hoping this good run of goals for country will see him come to pre-season full of confidence and raring to go. Like others say, we need creatives in the team and we need them early so we can hit the ground running before frustration sets in for him.

and us

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1117 on: June 10, 2016, 02:08:28 PM »
He's only ever going to score tap ins which makes it vital that we get some quality in around him as his all round game isn't great. We could do with another Odemwingie type player.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1118 on: June 10, 2016, 02:14:43 PM »
https://streamable.com/d39h

Clip of the goal. Good instincts but what an effort from the other player.
from some research he is Alejandro Guerra. 30 years old midfielder (cam but can play out wide) from Caracas (as is Rondon) he's still playing in Venezuela for Athletico Nacional, signing for them a year ago and has 50-odd national caps, scoring 6 goals.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1119 on: June 10, 2016, 02:28:43 PM »
He's only ever going to score tap ins which makes it vital that we get some quality in around him as his all round game isn't great. We could do with another Odemwingie type player.

Think you're being a bit harsh on him. He scored a great goal against Liverpool and has had a couple of decent headers. He has often shot from the edge of the box(hasn't scored mind!). Seems like the kind of player that likes the ball played in front of him to run onto or to his feet.

Agree about us needing another Odemwingie type though.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1120 on: June 10, 2016, 02:37:29 PM »

Liverpool and Leicester were excellent goals off the top of my head he's also very good in the air.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1121 on: June 10, 2016, 03:35:08 PM »
I would be quite happy with our main striker not scoring from outside the box all season if he was picking up 20 odd tap-ins. The goals that aren't tap ins make good highlights reels but any striker's goals are going to be predominantly close range and relatively straight forward.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1122 on: June 10, 2016, 04:28:54 PM »
Think you're being a bit harsh on him. He scored a great goal against Liverpool and has had a couple of decent headers. He has often shot from the edge of the box(hasn't scored mind!). Seems like the kind of player that likes the ball played in front of him to run onto or to his feet.

Agree about us needing another Odemwingie type though.

Agree with this. We certainly don't utilise his strengths. He's already made comments about playing with his back to goal and most of his play being outside of the box. His first touch and control does need to improve for me though.

Liverpool and Leicester were excellent goals off the top of my head he's also very good in the air.

They were so I hope we can supply him more of the same through balls. I agree that his heading is decent in the box but from our usual long punts he rarely wins anything.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1123 on: June 10, 2016, 09:31:25 PM »

Rondon went past Huth as if he wasn't there  :o

Hope we can keep hold of him - would be an ideal fit for Leicester in Europe next season  ::)
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1124 on: June 10, 2016, 09:36:18 PM »
We'd be doing Rondon a massive disservice if Craig Gardner and McClean are the ones  supplying him again next season. There were flashes last season where he was unplayable, fingers crossed he kicks on next season and we get some quality players around him and I can certainly see him getting close to 15 goals next season.