Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123418 times)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #450 on: August 12, 2015, 09:49:50 AM »
I think that we just need to manage our expectations here. Like everyone else I hope and anticipate that he will fit into the side and terrorise defences. Liverpool were seriously looking at this guy before opting for benteke. But it is going to take time for him to adjust to the PL and it may be that he doesn't hit the ground running. He is clearly well thought of and we appear to have made a star signing, but I remember our enthusiasm when we signed Bobby last year.
I have no doubt he will do well for us, but to score you need the service and we are not good at that to be honest.
A lot of pressure is on the lad and I really hope he starts banging them in for fun, but don't be surprised if he doesn't.
Venezuelan flags would be a great idea!
MAGA!

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #451 on: August 12, 2015, 12:22:52 PM »
Based on what?
Before joining us Ideye had a goal to games ratio of 2.3. Rondon's is 2.5 so Ideye would appear to be the (slightly) better striker.

I'd say La Liga (Malaga) is a higher standard than Ligue 1 (Sochaux-Montbeliard), and the Russian League is better quality than the Ukranian league.

This is a player who, when he was 20 (2010/11) scored against Sevilla, Villareal, Atletico Madrid and two against Valencia. Those are a some good quality teams. The year after he scored against Barcelona in two different matches.

For the sake of fairness, I looked at the 2010/11 season for Brown Ideye, and he scored against the likes of PSG, Lyon and Marseille. So what do I know!

I can understand people's scepticism, especially if you've never heard of the bloke before. On the flip side, I hope those who are expecting great things from him give him enough time to bed in and settle at the club, and don't get annoyed if he doesn't score on his debut.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #452 on: August 12, 2015, 12:45:05 PM »
I'd say La Liga (Malaga) is a higher standard than Ligue 1 (Sochaux-Montbeliard), and the Russian League is better quality than the Ukranian league.

This is a player who, when he was 20 (2010/11) scored against Sevilla, Villareal, Atletico Madrid and two against Valencia. Those are a some good quality teams. The year after he scored against Barcelona in two different matches.

For the sake of fairness, I looked at the 2010/11 season for Brown Ideye, and he scored against the likes of PSG, Lyon and Marseille. So what do I know!

I can understand people's scepticism, especially if you've never heard of the bloke before. On the flip side, I hope those who are expecting great things from him give him enough time to bed in and settle at the club, and don't get annoyed if he doesn't score on his debut.

I hate doing this, because video compilations are sooooo rubbish, but here goes,
Based on what I have seen in videos he's an in the box poacher type, not a back to goal, spin and run man (like Vic) which will mean we need to be getting balls in into the box, in front of him, to date we have failed to do that for Ideye.
Hopefully the addition of McClean / McManaman and Gnabry will change this.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #453 on: August 12, 2015, 12:47:25 PM »
I hate doing this, because video compilations are sooooo rubbish, but here goes,
Based on what I have seen in videos he's an in the box poacher type, not a back to goal, spin and run man (like Vic) which will mean we need to be getting balls in into the box, in front of him, to date we have failed to do that for Ideye.
Hopefully the addition of McClean / McManaman and Gnabry will change this.

Based purely on the Man City game, Lambert looks a very good player with the ball at his feet, so I wouldn't have any problems with Rondon in as a No.9 and Lambert as a no. 10!

He/him

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #454 on: August 12, 2015, 01:17:52 PM »

To be honest I'd never heard of Odemwingie, so I'm hoping that given time Rondon will be another  gem!

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #455 on: August 12, 2015, 01:39:13 PM »
Will wear no.33

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #456 on: August 12, 2015, 02:03:42 PM »
People are comparing Rondon and Ideye. I'm guessing when fit, Rondon will start most games. If Ideye had started most games what would his goal return had been? Probably pretty good.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #457 on: August 12, 2015, 02:30:59 PM »
People are comparing Rondon and Ideye. I'm guessing when fit, Rondon will start most games. If Ideye had started most games what would his goal return had been? Probably pretty good.
I think both Ideye and Rondon are the kind of players who are reliant on the service they're provided with. Our largely negative tactics last year meant that Ideye rarely got the kind of service he needs. Whether Rondon will be better blessed this season remains to be seen. Sadly, Pulis's latest comments suggest that Ideye won't be around to also benefit from this (should it improve).

Although they mean little, I still maintain that Ideye looks better in his Youtube compilation clips than Rondon does in his. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Ideye is a fine player whom we've been unable to play to the strengths of, a la Valero.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #458 on: August 12, 2015, 02:34:39 PM »
I think both Ideye and Rondon are the kind of players who are reliant on the service they're provided with. Our largely negative tactics last year meant that Ideye rarely got the kind of service he needs. Whether Rondon will be better blessed this season remains to be seen. Sadly, Pulis's latest comments suggest that Ideye won't be around to also benefit from this (should it improve).

Although they mean little, I still maintain that Ideye looks better in his Youtube compilation clips than Rondon does in his. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Ideye is a fine player whom we've been unable to play to the strengths of, a la Valero.

I agree about Ideye, I can't substantiate this, but I reckon his goals/mins played ratio last season was actually decent.
Albion Family !!!

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #459 on: August 12, 2015, 02:59:37 PM »
I agree about Ideye, I can't substantiate this, but I reckon his goals/mins played ratio last season was actually decent.

Using transfermarkt for their stats, Ideye scored 4 goals in the league in 1300 minutes, which is about 1 goal every 325 minutes, which is 3.6 games. By way of a comparison, Berahino got a goal every 208 minutes, which is every 2.3 games. Anichebe got a goal every 345 minutes, which is 3.8 games.

He/him

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #460 on: August 12, 2015, 03:03:33 PM »
Using transfermarkt for their stats, Ideye scored 4 goals in the league in 1300 minutes, which is about 1 goal every 325 minutes, which is 3.6 games. By way of a comparison, Berahino got a goal every 208 minutes, which is every 2.3 games. Anichebe got a goal every 345 minutes, which is 3.8 games.

thanks for that,

So playing sporadically in a style un-suited to him, its not too bad really.
Not good, but not too bad.
I would like us to keep him as a squad player and lose Vic TBH, I think Vic's demeanor and susceptibility to "injuries" must be poor for morale overall.
Albion Family !!!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #461 on: August 12, 2015, 03:11:45 PM »
thanks for that,

I would like us to keep him as a squad player and lose Vic TBH, I think Vic's demeanor and susceptibility to "injuries" must be poor for morale overall.

Couldn't agree more, would much rather keep Ideye than Anichebe, that way we'd have 2 big and 2 smaller players to mix and match.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #462 on: August 12, 2015, 03:12:55 PM »
Couldn't agree more, would much rather keep Ideye than Anichebe, that way we'd have 2 big and 2 smaller players to mix and match.

Completely agree. Vic is more 'surplus' than Ideye is. If we lost Berahino to injury, then Ideye would be a more natural replacement to keep the team balanced.

He/him

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #463 on: August 12, 2015, 03:34:04 PM »
Tim Vickery south american sports reporter given his thumbs up on the deal
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #464 on: August 12, 2015, 04:09:49 PM »
Tim Vickery south american sports reporter given his thumbs up on the deal
Isn't that the guy who said that Yacob wouldn't make it here?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #465 on: August 12, 2015, 06:53:08 PM »
Isn't that the guy who said that Yacob wouldn't make it here?

Yeah it is. He's guessing as much as us. He's only the South American football expert. Rondon has been playing in Russia. He'll have only seen him in a handful of international appearances.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #466 on: August 13, 2015, 08:04:33 PM »
From the Venezuelan paper "El Universal" (curtesy of Google Translate)

http://www.eluniversal.com/opinion/150813/lord-salomon-rondon

Lord Salomon Rondon

Each goal from Salomon Rondon multiply its echo. Make no mistake: the arrival in England may be extraordinary for Catia born striker.

Some pouting with moving Rondon, because the front left Caracas Zenit St Petersburg, Russian champion and a regular competitor in the European Champions League, to join the West Bromwich Albion, a team with a long history (137 years), but today is much more concerned to avoid relegation to English football than seeking quotas in international tournaments. However, staying in this simple contrast is shortsighted. You will play in the Premier League, the most watched league in the world, a goal that was made public on several occasions, the player himself. Why not see the West Brom as a definitive springboard for him?

The Venezuelan, 25 years old, seems to be at the gates of his fullness as a player and it's time to see how far they can go. Where can you have greater long-term significance? In England or Russia? The answer is obvious. The Premier League has a global audience, according to the BBC, higher than the Spanish league, with all the might of Barcelona and Real Madrid, the Italian Serie A and German Bundesliga together. Their income, according to annual reports by consultancy Deloitte, doubling and tripling the other major European championships.

Let's face it: watch a game of the Russian Premier League obliged, at least from this side of the planet, looking for the green signal paths on the web by streamming and endure horrific incomprehensible transmissions speakers. Rondon enjoyed the moment of maximum exposure Zenit in the Champions League, but also spent long months away from the main centers of international football. Not so with West Brom. A goal in a match against clubs like Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Liverpool have an exponentially greater than any we have done in Russia resonance. No longer you have the Champions League, but the Premiership is a growth opportunity.

Russia also threatened to become a golden cage. The economic strength exhibited by large Russian clubs, including Zenit is, turns them into buyers, not sellers, and this hindered any transfer. The European press published notes on the interest from teams like Sevilla have Rondón, but the price of the transfer backed down. The whole of St. Petersburg paid 18 million euros for his transfer from Rubin Kazan and claimed that those reports sought to sell it for more.

Circumstances changed the landscape and dismantled the shielding on the Venezuelan. A new regulation in Russia, which limits the maximum six foreigners can align each team in each match, Rondon had claimed a victim. Missing from the starting XI André Villas-Boas at Zenit, the output was inevitable and the price happened to be negotiable. It appeared the West Bromwich, tabled 12 million pounds (17 million euros) and took him.

Nor it was cheaper, despite the change in circumstances. It is the most expensive signing you paid West Bromwich and this leads to an extra point analysis: Rondón is no one else.

A Rondon will give you command on the computer, because nobody does a record signing for him on the bench. Now up to him to answer. Since arriving in Europe in 2008, the former Aragua FC has scored 91 goals in 234 appearances commitments to UD Las Palmas, Malaga, Rubin Kazan and Zenit, adding all competitions. If you keep these figures, the experience at West Bromwich can be the final push it needs to assume ever greater challenges.

We will not see a James Rodriguez, a Luis Suarez Arturo Vidal or a Venezuelan passport by spontaneous generation, from one day to another, playing for Real Madrid in Barcelona or Juventus. Here it is evolving and the Premier League is an evolutionary leap for Salomon Rondon.
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #467 on: August 13, 2015, 10:23:36 PM »
thanks for that,

Exactly Vic will never make it at this level.Mate of mine a Toffee he said Irvine and Vic are no good as Manager/Head Coach and player in the Prem.He was glad to see the back of Vic.Sorry but that is what he said.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #468 on: August 14, 2015, 07:42:21 PM »
Can't wait to see Ronny steaming through premier league defences. What a great signing.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #469 on: August 14, 2015, 10:45:00 PM »
Rondon may not have international clearance from Russian FA in time for tomorrow. Shame if he doesn't get it, would have liked to see him come of the bench at least.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/stoke-city/11804465/Stoke-and-West-Broms-club-record-signings-set-to-be-denied-their-debuts-because-of-administrative-hitches.html

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #470 on: August 14, 2015, 11:10:28 PM »
Rondon may not have international clearance from Russian FA in time for tomorrow. Shame if he doesn't get it, would have liked to see him come of the bench at least.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/stoke-city/11804465/Stoke-and-West-Broms-club-record-signings-set-to-be-denied-their-debuts-because-of-administrative-hitches.html

so absurd  :'(

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #471 on: August 15, 2015, 09:43:39 AM »

BBC say he needs a late fitness test, nothing about international clearance
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #472 on: August 15, 2015, 10:04:31 AM »
We can't do anything about it from our side but its a joke if the Russian FA have not signed the necessary paperwork for a deal that was completed on Monday.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #473 on: August 15, 2015, 10:37:47 AM »
We can't do anything about it from our side but its a joke if the Russian FA have not signed the necessary paperwork for a deal that was completed on Monday.

Yeah cheers Russia. Bet this wouldn't happen to bigger sides around the world. Bit of a joke when he's our record signing.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #474 on: August 15, 2015, 12:42:53 PM »
West Bromwich Albion @WBAFCofficial
Great news Baggies fans, @salorondon23 international clearance has been confirmed today and he is available for selection at Watford #WBA

Hype!