Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1128961 times)

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #275 on: August 09, 2015, 12:33:20 AM »
If Yacob is excited, I'm excited

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #276 on: August 09, 2015, 09:38:01 AM »
If Yacob is excited, I'm excited

Where does it comment Yacob is excited? Have I missed something ?

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #277 on: August 09, 2015, 09:43:15 AM »

His dad saw him in a restaurant and spoke to him, I think it was his dad! Also somebody else on here spoke to a player and both players said he'd signed.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Baggieblood

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #278 on: August 09, 2015, 10:11:39 AM »
I don't understand why there is so much excitement over the signing of another unknown quantity.

Surely the stench of the "Brown" stuff is still in our nostrils for us to be somewhat wary.

Better players than rondon have failed in the prem, eg shevchenco.

Dubya BA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #279 on: August 09, 2015, 10:22:44 AM »
Its all opinions until he actually plays. I would agree that better players have failed in the premier league but the reason some of us are excited is because Rondon is an established goalscorer. He has proven this on the international stage and with a top European club. By any standard he is a highly rated striker and we are pushing the boat out moneywise to get him.  Liverpool thought he was good enough so why shouldn't we?
Get it right because I will expose your mistakes and I will pull no punches! (although I will apologise if I get it wrong myself). DubyaBA

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #280 on: August 09, 2015, 10:29:18 AM »
Liverpool thought he was good enough so why shouldn't we?
You can't really say that though, as Liverpool didn't sign him!

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #281 on: August 09, 2015, 10:31:58 AM »
Its all opinions until he actually plays. I would agree that better players have failed in the premier league but the reason some of us are excited is because Rondon is an established goalscorer. He has proven this on the international stage and with a top European club. By any standard he is a highly rated striker and we are pushing the boat out moneywise to get him.  Liverpool thought he was good enough so why shouldn't we?

Ill be pleased if we sign him but i still see it as a gamble, ideye and rosenberg fell into the category youve stated above and look whats happened with them. I would of preferred us to spend the 15 million on austin. But lets see what he can do, he does look like a good fit for the premier league!

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #282 on: August 09, 2015, 10:41:22 AM »
cant say i have heard of the guy myself , obviously from all the comments his reputation precedes him, as far as i am concerned like Ideys last season we give him a chance just hope he does better than Ideye has done , hope it does not mean the departure of SB, somebody will have to go hopefully it will be VA  and/or BI, in the meantime looking forward to tomorrow night

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #283 on: August 09, 2015, 10:42:36 AM »
You can't really say that though, as Liverpool didn't sign him!

and Brendan's transfer record is shocking!

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #284 on: August 09, 2015, 10:52:43 AM »

I can 100% confirm that Yacob was excited about Rondon signing. The deal was signed off on Friday evening, so it's just a case of waiting for international clearance by the looks of things.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #285 on: August 09, 2015, 11:19:56 AM »
It is safe to assume that any player who joins us probably does not have the option of joining a top 6 English club or one of the bigger clubs in Europe. There are exceptions to the rule but in general while a player might be quite good by our standards by Premier League standards they will be about average. If there was an objective way of ranking players by position I very much doubt many if any of ours would be in the top 10. If they were then there would endless speculation concerning their future. Like there is surrounding Saido at the moment.

Ultimately he will be an improvement on Vic to whom he would appear to be similar in style and physic (one has to hope less fragile). Would Pulis have preferred an English based alternative ? Possibly but the obvious one Charlie Austin may have zero interest in signing for us. Is he a risk? Yes but then again there is always a risk with any transfer.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #286 on: August 09, 2015, 11:31:32 AM »
I can 100% confirm that Yacob was excited about Rondon signing. The deal was signed off on Friday evening, so it's just a case of waiting for international clearance by the looks of things.

It's just paper work now mate. should be confirmed tomorrow. The club are also considering parading him to the fans either before the game or at half time on Monday.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #287 on: August 09, 2015, 11:41:25 AM »
It's just paper work now mate. should be confirmed tomorrow. The club are also considering parading him to the fans either before the game or at half time on Monday.

If so he should be welcomed with "The Lord Is My Shepherd" by all us fans.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #288 on: August 09, 2015, 11:41:50 AM »

I'd rather he signed a day or two earlier and did his own lap of honour after banging in a hat trick.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #289 on: August 09, 2015, 11:44:33 AM »
Please note I say the club are considering it. they may or may not parade him a decision hasn't been made as of yet. Official announcement should be tomorrow though like others have said.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #290 on: August 09, 2015, 11:47:28 AM »
I assume we are waiting until Monday to announce this deal just like Tottenham have been told they have to wait until monday to announce the signing of Berahino
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #291 on: August 09, 2015, 11:54:09 AM »
I assume we are waiting until Monday to announce this deal just like Tottenham have been told they have to wait until monday to announce the signing of Berahino

:'( fricking hope not either way at least will know tomorrow because he wouldn't be picked for the game if he's on the move.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #292 on: August 09, 2015, 11:54:24 AM »
I know Albion fans have always been a pessimistic bunch but some of the negativity on here is beggars belief

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #293 on: August 09, 2015, 11:55:30 AM »

Where you getting this from, I've seen as much on Spurs fan site but that's just speculating?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:58:28 AM by MarkW »

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #294 on: August 09, 2015, 11:57:23 AM »

There is absolutely nothing close regarding Berahino

Albionwarrior

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #295 on: August 09, 2015, 12:05:30 PM »
If you can do something ..... then worry about it and do it?

If you can't why bother .... we are further ahead now than we were this time last season, so whatever else happens will be a further bonus.

Let's be honest, if Saido plays to anywhere near his potential during the season ... He will be gone, maybe in January or probably at the end of the season .... and hopefully on our terms which means we are virtually safe by Christmas or completely safe by the end of the year.

Let's all put on our "Rose Tinted Glasses" and at least enjoy the prospect of the season being about to start

:D

Baggieblood

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #296 on: August 09, 2015, 12:13:38 PM »
Don't get my apprehension regards the rondon signing as negativity.

But, look at our prvious record breakers Valero and Brown, great elsewhere average at best with us .

But, if he signs i hope be bangs in dozens and dozens of goals.

I'll be there to welcome him tomorrow night and at watford to see him come off the bench to get the winner.

PortsmouthBaggie

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #297 on: August 09, 2015, 12:17:09 PM »
Don't get my apprehension regards the rondon signing as negativity.

But, look at our prvious record breakers Valero and Brown, great elsewhere average at best with us .

But, if he signs i hope be bangs in dozens and dozens of goals.

I'll be there to welcome him tomorrow night and at watford to see him come off the bench to get the winner.

He is a much more naturally gifted footballer than Ideye, which will help a lot in this league.

WednesburyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #298 on: August 09, 2015, 12:22:13 PM »
Having a physical presence will be a clear advantage over brown.

Gestede scored yesterday for Villa. If he can be a handful in the air then he'll undoubtably get goals.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #299 on: August 09, 2015, 12:26:36 PM »

Cheers baggie38 :D