Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1129510 times)

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2015, 07:46:38 PM »
As others have pointed out these bolts from the blue type signings tend to fit the mould of our past dealings which makes me optimistic that this is kosha.

As for Saido being on his way out that is a completely different deal which will almost certainly be made sooner or later.

As long as it's not sooner we could have a rather good team to start the season with.   8)
I never could kwite get the hang of spelling.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2015, 08:06:10 PM »
It's his agents job to make the calls and make clubs aware his player is avaliable. The days of the media leaking it to clubs are long gone.

There is a huge difference between agents contacting clubs to say he is available and it becoming public knowledge we have agreed a fee. Other clubs may have been aware of his availability and thought they would wait until the end of the window, this was 99% done and the club were doing everything they could to keep it under wraps. Now its public knowledge other teams will have to move now or never and to be fair everyone is looking for a proven CL player for £15m.

Fee agreed and wages but to be fair I really worry now about the delay. People think its great to be linked with players and they moan if nothings in the press but this is the consequence of when things become public knowledge.

I would prefer if no transfer story was ever leaked again as it would mean we have a better chance of signing players. I can put up with fans moaning we are not being linked with anybody just because it is not published!
Gera, Gera, Gera

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2015, 08:10:01 PM »
There is a huge difference between agents contacting clubs to say he is available and it becoming public knowledge we have agreed a fee. Other clubs may have been aware of his availability and thought they would wait until the end of the window, this was 99% done and the club were doing everything they could to keep it under wraps. Now its public knowledge other teams will have to move now or never and to be fair everyone is looking for a proven CL player for £15m.

Fee agreed and wages but to be fair I really worry now about the delay. People think its great to be linked with players and they moan if nothings in the press but this is the consequence of when things become public knowledge.

I would prefer if no transfer story was ever leaked again as it would mean we have a better chance of signing players. I can put up with fans moaning we are not being linked with anybody just because it is not published!

I would of thought that its just business that the agent would leak this to try and earn more money for their client or do they get tied to NDA's to prevent the leak?
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2015, 08:10:49 PM »
Also I cant be bothered to go back and quote the post but for someone to compare Austin to Rondon is just insane. A proven international with an amazing goal record and reputation in the game or Austin who has had one good season in the PL and has massive injury issues.
Gera, Gera, Gera

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2015, 08:12:38 PM »
Maybe the club thought it was the right time in the window to try to sign him. Others have already spent big on strikers or already have strikers in place. So it being leaked won't make too much difference.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2015, 08:13:10 PM »
Also I cant be bothered to go back and quote the post but for someone to compare Austin to Rondon is just insane. A proven international with an amazing goal record and reputation in the game or Austin who has had one good season in the PL and has massive injury issues.
In your humble opinion, what percentage do you think it's likely we sign Randon?

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2015, 08:13:20 PM »

Is it likely to be announced tomorrow?

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2015, 08:15:28 PM »

Is it your thoughts then based on your comments that this deal may fall down? Has he had his medical?

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »

Then we just have to hope like hell that other clubs don't move for him although like you say proven champions league player for £15m in this day and age he will always garner interest from bigger clubs at that price. I just hope people don't bash the club if he chooses to go elsewhere thev done all they can. If this was to be wrapped up what sort of timeline would you imagine it would be done in? Thanks for the insight as well

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2015, 08:16:52 PM »
Baggie 79 everyone on here appreciates your honesty and your links. I'm impatient sometimes but I know the club have to keep things close to hand because if it leaked we could lose a player. I really hope we don't lose this one as it sounds an absolute coup. Sadly people will continue to demand news. Hopefully this comes off and our reward for keeping it hush hush is the signing of this guy and then we release a statement asking all fans to be patient and believe what's going on behind the scenes is a lot and is beneficial
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2015, 08:21:49 PM »
I would of thought that its just business that the agent would leak this to try and earn more money for their client or do they get tied to NDA's to prevent the leak?

The agent would have pushed the player for lets say £25m to try to get the best sign on for his client and himself, most clubs would turn there noses up at this but as soon it leaks we have agreed £15m it is another story.

Will he sign for us? Yes I think he will but this doesn't help at all..
Gera, Gera, Gera

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2015, 08:23:29 PM »
The agent would have pushed the player for lets say £25m to try to get the best sign on for his client and himself, most clubs would turn there noses up at this but as soon it leaks we have agreed £15m it is another story.

Will he sign for us? Yes I think he will but this doesn't help at all..

Thanks for the input baggie79 you say in another post this is 99 percent done? Could this potentially get announced tonight or tomorrow? It's that close.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2015, 08:31:46 PM »
Thanks for the input baggie79 you say in another post this is 99 percent done? Could this potentially get announced tonight or tomorrow? It's that close.

He hasn't passed a medical yet so I would imagine it will be Monday at the earliest.
Gera, Gera, Gera

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2015, 08:33:12 PM »
He hasn't passed a medical yet so I would imagine it will be Monday at the earliest.

Cheers mate. I'm glad you still think he will sign for us but I refuse to get excited until it's all official on the club site.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2015, 08:33:48 PM »

It's a shame they can't push it through on a Saturday, that gives teams the chance to jump in and stretches that 11th hour to two days! WHO LEAKED THIS DAMNIT?!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #165 on: August 07, 2015, 08:40:40 PM »
It's a shame they can't push it through on a Saturday, that gives teams the chance to jump in and stretches that 11th hour to two days! WHO LEAKED THIS DAMNIT?!

If baggie79 still thinks he will sign and he says it's 99 percent done then I'm confident he will sign for us. I wonder how much we are paying him a week? Surely he will be our highest earner.

ABaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #166 on: August 07, 2015, 08:41:36 PM »

His agent. It's what he is employed to do

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #167 on: August 07, 2015, 08:47:03 PM »
I should also add Ideye followed him on Twitter and Instagram earlier which makes me even more confident that the deal is 99 percent done  :P

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #168 on: August 07, 2015, 09:04:35 PM »
His goals to games ratio is almost identical to that  of Ideye's incidentally. Lets hope he performs better if indeed he does sign. I can see Ideye leaving. He will score plenty elsrwhere as he's proved in the past. I just don't think he's cut out for the Prem.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #169 on: August 07, 2015, 09:06:48 PM »
Being an albion fan I fear the worst....
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #170 on: August 07, 2015, 09:08:53 PM »
His player profile has been removed from the zenit st Petersberg official site. Make of that what you will. I did not realise that Milan Baros was their manager.

From what I can work out from the Venezuela press his is also their most expensive national player ever.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #171 on: August 07, 2015, 09:22:14 PM »
His player profile has been removed from the zenit st Petersberg official site. Make of that what you will. I did not realise that Milan Baros was their manager.

From what I can work out from the Venezuela press his is also their most expensive national player ever.

AVB is their manager not Milan Baros. It sure seems like another thing to prove the move is near.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #172 on: August 07, 2015, 09:27:30 PM »
AVB is their manager not Milan Baros. It sure seems like another thing to prove the move is near.

You are quite right!  I'm getting worried now as the last time I got this excited was when Anelka joined.  :-X

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2015, 09:32:06 PM »
£13.5m is the fee, could be announced as early as tomorrow all being well. Sorry for the confusion but things change minute to minute.
Gera, Gera, Gera

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2015, 09:38:15 PM »
£13.5m is the fee, could be announced as early as tomorrow all being well. Sorry for the confusion but things change minute to minute.

As in things have changed since your last posts 15 or so minutes ago? His profile has been removed from the club site. Ideye is following him on Twitter and instagram and someone as reliable as you has stated they think he will sign and its 99 percent done...I'm confident  :P