Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1185075 times)

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #950 on: April 10, 2020, 01:44:00 PM »
Some people just dont think this virus is serious  :o

Tell me about it Kev, just been for my walk and had two rows with cyclists who think the rules don't apply to them, but that's normal for cyclists.🙄
Baggie in Southampton

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #951 on: April 10, 2020, 01:44:54 PM »
80% of us will get coronavirus': Scientific adviser to the Government claims there is no more risk at work than at home and insists we 'cannot hide from it forever' - before No 10 contradicts him

Little snippet from an article I just seen. Adviser is right. This shouldn't put life on hold. If we get it we get it. 
I did The first 2 weeks of lockdown except for work then realised what BS they are telling us

You may be right but who in their right mind would actually go out looking for it?

If you got it Foster, do you think you will be OK? Did the advisor give you any idea on that? You may just feel unwell for a couple of days, or you could end up dead.
MAGA!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #952 on: April 10, 2020, 01:48:39 PM »
Anyone who breaks the rules is being selfish and reckless, people will die as a result. Just stupid.
Baggie in Southampton

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #953 on: April 10, 2020, 01:59:24 PM »
You may be right but who in their right mind would actually go out looking for it?

If you got it Foster, do you think you will be OK? Did the advisor give you any idea on that? You may just feel unwell for a couple of days, or you could end up dead.

Most of us will have already had it and don't even know weve had it.

We CANNOT be on "lockdown" for the long term. It will be normal for a lot of people, we can't afford that to happen.

No exit plan from lock down, what happens if we are still the same in 3 weeks..if that turns Into another 3 months..you Know the rest.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 02:00:56 PM by Foster#1 »

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #954 on: April 10, 2020, 02:05:30 PM »
Hey Foster,have you had it?
You don't know do you?
Have you given it to someone else who might have a low immune system old or young?
You don't know do you,and respectfully I don't think you care either.
Stay on lockdown and don't be a potential killer of a doctor or nurse or who else in your own family.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 06:21:02 PM by Political Cake »

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #955 on: April 10, 2020, 02:06:44 PM »
There's no plan to exit the lockdown because we are nowhere near exiting the lockdown 😷

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #956 on: April 10, 2020, 02:07:30 PM »

We CANNOT be on "lockdown" for the long term. It will be normal for a lot of people, we can't afford that to happen.

No exit plan from lock down, what happens if we are still the same in 3 weeks..if that turns Into another 3 months..you Know the rest.

and therein lies the problem, because you are unknowingly transmitting it to others, many of them with a weaker immune system than yourself.

I am quite happy with a 3 month lock down and martial law if that's what it takes to get our world back.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 02:14:49 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #957 on: April 10, 2020, 02:37:53 PM »
There's no plan to exit the lockdown because we are nowhere near exiting the lockdown 😷

Exactly. No plan now, there will never be no real plan

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #958 on: April 10, 2020, 02:47:16 PM »
Plenty of older people with same mind frame

It's not an age thing, its just that there are plenty of selfish, small minded people who will not learn until it effects them.... with the same mind frame.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #959 on: April 10, 2020, 03:34:20 PM »
953 more today which takes us too 8,931 :(

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #960 on: April 10, 2020, 03:43:09 PM »

Like others have said until it directly affect you personally it's not real is it?
I hope the sunbathers, footballers, barbequers and group cyclist wake up, and soon
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #961 on: April 10, 2020, 03:44:21 PM »
I work out in this everyday and the amount of people that are around is nuts. Even in the rural areas although i guess that is more city folk going for a 'nice day out'.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #962 on: April 10, 2020, 03:46:04 PM »
Tell me about it Kev, just been for my walk and had two rows with cyclists who think the rules don't apply to them, but that's normal for cyclists.🙄

I think they should be dragging cyclist in to use in vaccine testing.
Inject them, put a tracker on them, let them loose among like minded morons then drag them back in after 10 days to see if the vaccine has worked
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #963 on: April 10, 2020, 03:48:19 PM »

Estimates today suggest that fewer than 10% of the UK have 'already had it'. Not most as you suggest.

The original plan for vulnerable people was 12 weeks, we're halfway through the 4th week of that, I will be amazed if it isn't scaled back in mid June, as long as the vast majority adhere to the measures now.

You're kidding yourself reading some of your posts (The Archons may have got to you) and your attitude to the crisis stinks to be honest.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #964 on: April 10, 2020, 04:35:34 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/09/the-cluster-effect-how-social-gatherings-were-rocket-fuel-for-coronavirus

Interesting article basically saying most infections spread from large parties, celebrations or gatherings, as opposed to visting the supermarket etc.  Attending football matches would clearly come under the heading of large gatherings, which doesn't point to an early return of live matches. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #965 on: April 10, 2020, 04:36:59 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/09/the-cluster-effect-how-social-gatherings-were-rocket-fuel-for-coronavirus

Interesting article basically saying most infections spread from large parties, celebrations or gatherings, as opposed to visting the supermarket etc.  Attending football matches would clearly come under the heading of large gatherings, which doesn't point to an early return of live matches.

Footballs going to be finished behind closed doors most officials are saying.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #966 on: April 10, 2020, 04:47:03 PM »
Just had a drive to Asda on Wolverhampton rd in hope no que. the sheep are in a line going down titford road

Unbelievable
You are vocal on this particular subject
In this post you seem to be mortified that people have gone shopping....where you wanted to go shopping?
Am I missing something?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #967 on: April 10, 2020, 04:53:03 PM »
I think they should be dragging cyclist in to use in vaccine testing.
Inject them, put a tracker on them, let them loose among like minded morons then drag them back in after 10 days to see if the vaccine has worked
I go out daily on my bike, I keep safe distances, wear a helmet, stay off the pavement etc...
Should I really be a guinea pig?
What about people vaping and smoking ,happily blowing the virus metres and across people waiting in queues to get shopping ?

For the r3cord I shouted expletives at two cyclists this morning who have no understanding of single file....but walkers can be just as bad.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #968 on: April 10, 2020, 04:55:38 PM »
Anyone enjoying the weather today ?

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #969 on: April 10, 2020, 05:14:14 PM »
Anyone enjoying the weather today ?

Yes, from my garden.

High numbers today. Still seeing groups of more than 2 walk by on the trail near mine. Also saw a funeral with 50+ yesterday - is that allowed?!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #970 on: April 10, 2020, 05:23:41 PM »
Not everyone is willing to go without saying goodbye to a family member in the way it should be

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #971 on: April 10, 2020, 05:27:51 PM »
Sweden putting us to shame regarding deaths.

They're still on the urine too

Cardiaccarol

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #972 on: April 10, 2020, 05:46:32 PM »

Actually the figures released daily are ONLY those who died in hospital. It doesn’t include those who die at home or in residential / nursing homes.

This does not reflect the real death toll

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #973 on: April 10, 2020, 05:47:04 PM »
What is the real death toll?  :o

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #974 on: April 10, 2020, 05:47:37 PM »
Sweden putting us to shame regarding deaths.

They're still on the **** too

All the different approaches need to be looked at when all this is on the decline for accurate comparisons. It will be very interesting to compare the different approaches, particularly Sweden's!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill