Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth ii  (Read 8356 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: Queen Elizabeth ii
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2022, 09:04:35 PM »
A sad day and the end of an era. She gave this country tremendous service and a stability the likes of which I fear is not going to be replaced, especially when you look at the politicians now in charge.   
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 09:07:51 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2022, 09:50:14 PM »
RIP Ma'am God Rest The Queen thank you for your service
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2022, 09:58:02 PM »
May she rest in peace. Long live the King.
O Albion we love you

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2022, 07:06:27 AM »
RIP Queen Elizabeth II
Very sad day.
I feel like I've lost my grand ma.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2022, 08:59:12 AM »
What a great Queen she was -  strong, stoic, graceful, classy and polite. RIP

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2022, 09:27:55 AM »
RIP, Your Majesty.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2022, 09:52:39 AM »
Rest in Peace Queen Elizabeth II.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2022, 10:16:51 AM »
An amazing Monarch, one that will never be replaced.

RIP Your Majesty  :'(

Its utterly sickening seeing some of the comments on Twitter etc.....the lack of decency in people these days is just shocking.

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2022, 10:33:21 AM »
An amazing Monarch, one that will never be replaced.

RIP Your Majesty  :'(

Its utterly sickening seeing some of the comments on Twitter etc.....the lack of decency in people these days is just shocking.
It may not surprise some of you on here, but i have been banned off Facebook for having a go at someone for his comments about our Queen. Yet him and many others are allowed to continue spilling their bile. Disgusting.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2022, 10:47:12 AM »
It may not surprise some of you on here, but i have been banned off Facebook for having a go at someone for his comments about our Queen. Yet him and many others are allowed to continue spilling their bile. Disgusting.
The amount of Trash talk on YouTube to and people caring more about Footie than her Majesty dying. I want games to happen as a distraction but understand why if they don't go ahead
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2022, 10:49:24 AM »

They should watch some of the old news reels about Elizabeth II and maybe they would learn a thing or two about grace and dignity.
Too much to expect I suppose.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2022, 10:53:31 AM »
They should watch some of the old news reels about Elizabeth II and maybe they would learn a thing or two about grace and dignity.
Too much to expect I suppose.
Exactly, they are just ignorant. You don't have to be a Royalist (i am) to show respect to a 96 year old who as passed away.  At the end of the day she was a mother,grandmother, Great grandmother etc. Don't understand some people's thinking and hatred, shame really.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2022, 10:53:36 AM »

it's all freedom of speech, however many people don't understand dignity, decorum, respect etc.

The adage "sometimes it's better to say nothing" springs to mind.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2022, 10:55:02 AM »
it's all freedom of speech, however many people don't understand dignity, decorum, respect etc.

The adage "sometimes it's better to say nothing" springs to mind.
Freedom of speech for some, i got banned!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2022, 11:35:20 AM »
RIP Elizabeth, our forever queen
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2022, 12:05:38 PM »
Really sad; my wife and I.

I'm actually shocked at how strongly I feel. Like many of you I'm not a Royalist but I much prefer our current status to that of a Republic. (After all, Cromwell was a power mad d1ckhead!)

She was the best ambassador and servant to our country that you could ever have.
RIP Queen Elizabeth II. God Save King Charles III.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2022, 12:14:32 PM »
The eyes of the world will be on her funeral.
I expect it will be an amazing spectacle.
Nobody does pomp and pagentry like the UK

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2022, 03:23:59 PM »
This thread is for offering condolences on the death of Queen Elizabeth II, to celebrate her life. Not a chance to debate and criticise people. Lets keep it simple everyone

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2022, 07:00:32 PM »
Still in shock today, went out to get a few bits for my daughter and I’ve never known an atmosphere so somber.

I’m really surprised how much this has hit me and I can’t put my finger as to why. It’s a bit disconcerting to be honest.

When my dad passed, the were only a few words of comfort I hung onto, and they keep bouncing round my head today, and as fellow baggies you’ll understand why:

The Lord’s my Shepherd, I’ll not want;
  He makes me down to lie
In pastures green; He leadeth me
  The quiet waters by.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2022, 09:10:31 PM »
As a few have said it’s hit me in a way I didn’t think it would.

Whether it’s just evoking old memories of losing my grandparents, or father, I don’t know but its strange how emotional it’s actually made me

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2022, 11:34:29 AM »
I couldnt sleep last night so watched TV and they were showing old film footage of the Queen. I am not ashamed to say I shed a few tears.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2022, 03:24:22 PM »
Just wondering what’s going to happen to the Queen’s corgis. Will our new king be purchasing some Cavalier King Charles spaniels!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2022, 06:53:59 AM »
I'm not a huge royalist by any means, I'm not against them either. On balance I'm more pro than than con. I understand people have different views about our monarchy and I don't have a problem with that.

I think at a time like this, whatever views people have, all should at least show some respect for a 96 year old lady that has represented her country for seventy years and has lost her life. Anyone that can't act with dignity and show that respect needs to have a long look at themselves because it doesn't make them much of a human being does it?

As for whether sporting events shouldve been cancelled over the weekend, I can see both sides of the coin here. Authorities are damned if they do, damned if they don't. My only issue is, if they are going to have period of mourning shouldn't that have been extended all round?

I think having a bank holiday for the funeral I completely agree with and ALL companies, emergency services aside, should be made to fully honour that bank holiday, no running on skeleton shifts.

R.I.P.  your majesty and thank you.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2022, 07:55:28 AM »
I'm not a huge royalist by any means, I'm not against them either. On balance I'm more pro than than con. I understand people have different views about our monarchy and I don't have a problem with that.

I think at a time like this, whatever views people have, all should at least show some respect for a 96 year old lady that has represented her country for seventy years and has lost her life. Anyone that can't act with dignity and show that respect needs to have a long look at themselves because it doesn't make them much of a human being does it?

As for whether sporting events shouldve been cancelled over the weekend, I can see both sides of the coin here. Authorities are damned if they do, damned if they don't. My only issue is, if they are going to have period of mourning shouldn't that have been extended all round?

I think having a bank holiday for the funeral I completely agree with and ALL companies, emergency services aside, should be made to fully honour that bank holiday, no running on skeleton shifts.

R.I.P.  your majesty and thank you.

Excellent post, personally I look upon royals as I do with people in other walks of life some deserve our respect and some don't, the Queen without a shadow of a doubt deserves our utmost respect and gratitude for leading the country for over 70yrs going above and beyond.
Thankyou your majesty we were truly blessed to have you as our Queen.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2022, 08:45:40 AM »
Our light during the darkness
Our calm during the storm
Our Stability during the tremors
Our constant during change

Our Nation has lost its Mother

R.I.P. Elizabeth II, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.