Author Topic: Andy Murray  (Read 12617 times)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Andy Murray
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2016, 07:12:49 PM »
I am all for English (and to a lesser extent Brits) doing well in their sports, but why oh why can't we have more likeable stars like Jess Ennis.

Hamilton and Murray undoubtedly have talent, but they both just get on my t1ts
Andy Murray's mother gets on my t1ts. Andy, he's a talented player and seems to be a good guy off the court. I've never liked all the snarling at himself to get himself going and the fist pumps and 'Come ONs'.

Hamilton again very talented but not keen on him as a bloke.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2017, 11:09:47 AM »
well done to both Andy and marvellous brummie Dan for making the australian last 16
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2017, 11:28:26 AM »
well done to both Andy and marvellous brummie Dan for making the australian last 16

Does Dan deserve his own thread now?

Would be great to see Murray v Evans in the semi final! Even if wishful thinking.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2017, 11:42:43 AM »
Does Dan deserve his own thread now?

Would be great to see Murray v Evans in the semi final! Even if wishful thinking.

He's a Viler.

They've already got their own thread.

We wouldn't want them thinking we're obsessed or anything like that by opening another one would we?

SOTV  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 09:34:23 AM »
Andy Murray: Australian Open could be last tournament

It is sad that his career may have ended in this way. Like him or loath him it is a great pity, personally I enjoyed watching him play and winning Grand Salms  for Great Britain

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/46833018
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2019, 11:28:24 AM »
This is an Andy Murray page isn't it?
He is our greatest tennis player full stop.
Thanks for the memories Andy and best of luck for the future.
I hope you put your retirement effort into coaching our youngsters.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2019, 11:30:52 AM »
This is an Andy Murray page isn't it?
He is our greatest tennis player full stop.
Thanks for the memories Andy and best of luck for the future
I hope you put your retirement effort into coaching our youngsters.

Agreed. The one with you wearing a Portugal football shirt is my favourite.........

Can't stand the bloke.....
MAGA!

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2019, 02:17:14 PM »
Great tennis player but not the most endearing of characters, along with Lewis Hamilton. Tough when your career comes to an end but are those tears really necessary? He’s had a top career as a professional sportsman and made himself a wealthy man, I certainly don’t begrudge him that but he has no reason to cry.....!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2019, 03:45:23 PM »
It's unfortunate that some can't understand an individual's emotions when faced with the realisation that one of the things you love doing the most and have dedicated your life to is, premetually, taken away from you. He is only 31 and to draw a comparison, Roger Federer is 37 and still playing.

Like him or loathe him, we are all different and should, at the very least, be able to respect the other person's reaction to a situation, empathy springs to mind. To him, I suspect, it must feel similar to a bereavement, a loss.

For professional sports people, it's not all about the money, for those that haven't played sport at a professional level, I can understand why they might think it would be.   
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2019, 05:54:53 PM »
Agreed. The one with you wearing a Portugal football shirt is my favourite.........

He's Scottish. He was having a bit of light hearted fun. You know, banter and all that.
Maybe you should focus more on the 2 Olympic gold medals and Davis Cup that he won for all of us.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2019, 06:33:46 PM »
He has been a great player, no doubt, but with everything happening around the world how the TV news channels, Sky in particular, can make his impending retirement the main item of the day and devote 10 minutes to it beggars belief

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2019, 01:13:19 AM »
He's Scottish. He was having a bit of light hearted fun. You know, banter and all that.
Maybe you should focus more on the 2 Olympic gold medals and Davis Cup that he won for all of us.

Brilliant player, seems a decent a bloke but I find it hard to get past his support for Scottish independence (he'd be devastated I'm sure). To err is human and what not but it's hard not to take an exceptionally dim view of those narcissistic wreckers.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2019, 05:29:08 AM »

100% agree, obnoxious jock, mother is worse though publicity seeking non-entity !!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2019, 10:39:23 AM »
Sad end to a great sportsman's career.

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2019, 11:36:44 AM »
Dont like him , he hates the English and to those who say it was banter get a grip , hope I never hear or see him again ,

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2019, 01:41:47 PM »
Dont like him , he hates the English and to those who say it was banter get a grip , hope I never hear or see him again ,

He's married an English girl, lives in England, most of his friends are English, he's supported and helped English tennis players...He does not hate the English. He just enjoys winding them up from time to time.

The greatest sportsman to come from this small island.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2019, 01:53:17 PM »
He's married an English girl, lives in England, most of his friends are English, he's supported and helped English tennis players...He does not hate the English. He just enjoys winding them up from time to time.

[/b]The greatest sportsman to come from this small island.

What? Don’t think so but it is about opinions.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2019, 02:43:07 PM »
What? Don’t think so but it is about opinions.

To achieve what he has in the greatest era of Tennis puts him there, in my humble opinion.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2019, 06:49:15 PM »
It was me that said it was banter. That's because it was. Murray himself said the same thing. So I don't need to get a grip. Perhaps it's you that hates the Scots and can't handle a bit of banter without taking offence. Andy Murray has fought tooth and nail for Britain on many, many occasions.

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2019, 02:23:31 PM »
I hate Andy Murray,  can I post that ? I'm sick to death of all this anti English b/s , everyone hates the English it seems but if we try to defend ourselves we are far right .

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2019, 03:54:58 PM »
It was me that said it was banter. That's because it was. Murray himself said the same thing. So I don't need to get a grip. Perhaps it's you that hates the Scots and can't handle a bit of banter without taking offence. Andy Murray has fought tooth and nail for Britain on many, many occasions.

The same as it was Scottish banter when a classful of Jock kids  watched Argentina v England in Argy shirts,

I will support any British team before a foreign team, but I deeply resent that the Scottish do not reciprocate.
Let them become independent including the Murray clan, I say.

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2019, 05:13:30 PM »
The same as it was Scottish banter when a classful of Jock kids  watched Argentina v England in Argy shirts,

I will support any British team before a foreign team, but I deeply resent that the Scottish do not reciprocate.
Let them become independent including the Murray clan, I say.

Why and why?

It's not their fault you choose to support them before foreign teams. And it's certainly not your fault many of them support others before us. You can't make people want to support England any more than you could make an Englishman support Scotland. Don't resent their non reciprocation, embrace it.

The way I look at things it's a bit like us and the Vilers. Vilers have on occasion told me they have a soft spot for the Albion. My response is generally along the lines of 'I couldn't really give a sh it what you think of us to be honest chap, I detest the Vile and only wish you the very worst', as is my intrinsic prerogative as an Albion supporting non Viler  ;D .

Despite already being aware of our northern neighbour allegiances I used to feel similar to yourself. This was until I served with a few of the Bucky swilling haggis worriers in the Army. Soon came to terms with returning the bile in the name of so called bants. Other than when they jump around screaming like demented prepubescent schoolgirls on speed if we lose I don't really care who they support or what they think.

I take as I find and if I get on well with them I wish them all the best on an individual basis until such time as they turn. From then on and for any others who dish it out it's a big fat naughty word 'em, and I don't bat an eye lid one way or the other  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2019, 11:27:24 AM »
Tennis superstar Sir Andy Murray has received his knighthood from Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部