Author Topic: James Shan  (Read 39770 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Shan appointed until end of season
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2019, 05:14:57 PM »
Myhill, Barry, Brunt, Morrison & Dawson all need to go before any manager can completely control the dressing room and implement his ideas. Will it happen this summer I am not so sure.

If that is what Jokanovic would want to get him here, then they have to go
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2019, 05:54:32 PM »
If that is what Jokanovic would want to get him here, then they have to go

He ay coming!

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2019, 09:00:52 PM »
This summer is the best opportunity to get rid most of that lot. Dawson doubt anyone will pay what we want in the summer.  If we dont let Morrison, brunt and barry go. Then we might aswel give up now. Thank them properly and move on.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2019, 09:16:18 PM »
There is an end of era feel to the squad and has been for a little while I suspect this season will be a watershed. I wouldn't assume that any of the newer arrivals are any less inflexible than the Brunt/Morrison generation. There is a central problem that any player will have at least 1 year on a contract but our Head Coaches survive an average of 30 games hell we have had loanees that have outlasted 2 Head Coaches.

Not until there is a downswing in form that doesn't cost the coach their job will any future coach have any hope of getting hold of the dressing room.

Good to see that we have appointed Steven Reid who incidentally has more 1st team experience coaching experience than Darren Moore had on his appointment. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2019, 09:40:22 PM »
I believe Darren Moore had more Head Coach experience when he was appointed than Steven Reid currently has, just for the record  :)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2019, 05:39:39 PM »
My hope for Shan and Reid is now they've seen most of the squad over the last 4 days by making several changes is that they know now what they're working with for the next 5 games and more importantly what won't work.

They will stick with Johnstone so not worth moaning about, similarly with Bartley taking the armband today he'll be in the back 3 with Dawson and Hegazi. Wing backs pick themselves (Holgate and Gibbs). Midfield trio of Brunt, Johansen and Phillips; Gayle and Rodriguez up front.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2019, 05:43:05 PM »
My hope for Shan and Reid is now they've seen most of the squad over the last 4 days by making several changes is that they know now what they're working with for the next 5 games and more importantly what won't work.

They will stick with Johnstone so not worth moaning about, similarly with Bartley taking the armband today he'll be in the back 3 with Dawson and Hegazi. Wing backs pick themselves (Holgate and Gibbs). Midfield trio of Brunt, Johansen and Phillips; Gayle and Rodriguez up front.

if that's the case they start with that team for the last few league games
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2019, 05:57:45 PM »
Not impressed with his team selection today in a game which was there for the taking  especially with fourth place still up for grabs.

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2019, 07:23:41 PM »
Not impressed with his team selection today in a game which was there for the taking  especially with fourth place still up for grabs.

2 games in 4 days. He rested 5 first team players on Friday and rested the other half of the first team today. I've no problem with that at all. Imagine if we had picked an injury up to one of our key players. We have absolutely no depth in our squad and we have to get our best 11 out for the play offs against the best sides in this league.

We are 4th in the form table since Shan took over. If it wasn't for the Villa's once in a generation run of successive winswe would be heading into the play offs as the form team. All that despite not fielding a full strength team against Bristol (enforced), Hull and Reading.

He has taken us back to the 5 at the back system which sits our strengths well and has got the team playing to it with our two strikers down the middle for once. I think he's doing a really good job and there is a lot to be positive about.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2019, 07:41:11 PM »
It was shocking IMO to be resting players.  Gibbs has just come back from over 1 month out only to be rested again.  Subjected to 83 mins of HRK, a player who hardly ever scores.  Livermore rested for the 2nd game running?  Johansen has been in and out, then rested again.  The only guy you can genuinely make a case for being introduced (Bond) is nowhere to be seen. 

3 points today would've really turned up the heat on Leeds.  Now we are looking at them only taking 1 point to have a chance of over-hauling them.  The 6th place team are a basket-case, whether it's Derby, Boro or Bristol City.  The one team you don't want to run into is Villa.  They have won 10 games in a row.  It doesn't matter whether it's Villa or Exeter.  You don't want to play the team in that type of form.

We have 5 days to prepare for Rotherham.  It's a joke.  Are we really going to be picking Field, Townsend, HRK from the start for the play-offs?

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2019, 08:21:27 PM »
It was shocking IMO to be resting players.  Gibbs has just come back from over 1 month out only to be rested again.  Subjected to 83 mins of HRK, a player who hardly ever scores.  Livermore rested for the 2nd game running?  Johansen has been in and out, then rested again.  The only guy you can genuinely make a case for being introduced (Bond) is nowhere to be seen. 

3 points today would've really turned up the heat on Leeds.  Now we are looking at them only taking 1 point to have a chance of over-hauling them.  The 6th place team are a basket-case, whether it's Derby, Boro or Bristol City.  The one team you don't want to run into is Villa.  They have won 10 games in a row.  It doesn't matter whether it's Villa or Exeter.  You don't want to play the team in that type of form.

We have 5 days to prepare for Rotherham.  It's a joke.  Are we really going to be picking Field, Townsend, HRK from the start for the play-offs?

And that's the beauty of football. I have a completely different opinion to you and neither of us is either right or wrong.

I'm not scared of the Villa though at all. We've got players who can hurt them just as much as they and every other play off team have players who can hurt us.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2019, 06:28:20 PM »
He’s gone according to sky

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

James Shan as left the club.
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2019, 06:28:27 PM »
According to some reports Shan as left the club
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

Re: James Shan
« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2019, 06:48:38 PM »
Good luck to him, did a good job for us at all levels. I hope he lands a good job on the back of impressive stint as our caretaker manager.

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2019, 06:51:28 PM »
It’s a shame IMO he’s been with the club for so long and done so much for the youth teams etc but I suppose it comes down to what Slav wants
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2019, 06:57:22 PM »
Jesus Christ that is cruel the only excuse I could accept as justification for this is if he has been offered a job and asked to be allowed to leave. If that is not the case then I feel it is a terrible way to treat an employee
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

EastYorksAlbion

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2019, 07:00:17 PM »
I reckon he will end up at Blues

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2019, 07:07:36 PM »
Just brunt to go now and thats the decks cleared...big slavs barmy army

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2019, 07:10:23 PM »
I can only assume he’s left at his own accord to chase other opportunities.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2019, 07:13:12 PM »
Birmingham Mail has reported that Shan has decided to leave in order to pursue his ambitions to become a boss in his own right. I find that a little odd but I wish him well he has been a very good servant to the club for a number of years.

Just brunt to go now and thats the decks cleared...big slavs barmy army

Seriously? There are a lot of very good people at the football club and I don't want to lose them chasing the newest shiny thing.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: James Shan as left the club.
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2019, 07:20:21 PM »

Got a lot of time for Shan. Been a good servant. Hope he goes on to have success in his own right
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 07:02:10 AM by Hull Baggie »

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2019, 07:24:18 PM »
Definitely good luck to him with his ambitions, all in all he did good job when he took over and has obviously done a lot of good work at the club in the past.
The statements about him being guaranteed a job at the club this year shouldn't really be made. You can understand that he might have felt very awkward as part of the coaching staff with Slaven and the new coaches.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2019, 07:52:03 PM »
Nothing but respect for the bloke, but this needs to be a new beginning. Think Shan realises that and probably feels like a bit of a spare part.
I'm all for the clear out but, it would be nice to see some incomings.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2019, 08:02:13 PM »
Nothing but respect and I hope he lands a decent enough club to give him a chance to build a team.

Will always thank him for taking over and almost getting us promoted. A very good coach and I wish him well.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2019, 08:24:23 PM »
Jesus Christ that is cruel the only excuse I could accept as justification for this is if he has been offered a job and asked to be allowed to leave. If that is not the case then I feel it is a terrible way to treat an employee
I agree with you mate, it seems to me that under Jenkins tenure there is no fair play and I am not talking about sentiment here. He did a good job, operating mostly on a week to week basis. He almost took us to the play off final, and probably would have done but for Gayle and Brunt losing the plot.  No worries though he leaves with Jenkins blessing and best wishes, Tw@t.
Thank you Jimmy and very best wishes for the future. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 08:39:52 PM by iwastherein68 »
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride