Author Topic: pre season friendlies  (Read 21582 times)

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

Re: pre season friendlies
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2019, 11:31:27 AM »
flights, hotel and transfer flying from East Midlands friday and flying back monday morning was £208.

Bargain and finally able to see Albion abroad ! :)

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2019, 11:35:56 AM »
flights, hotel and transfer flying from East Midlands friday and flying back monday morning was £208.

Bargain and finally able to see Albion abroad ! :)

Flights and Hotel for £208?  How on earth did you get it that cheap? If you dont mind me asking
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2019, 11:53:51 AM »
Flights and Hotel for £208?  How on earth did you get it that cheap? If you dont mind me asking

no problem.

it has gone up slightly as i booked it 24 hours ago, but even as of now, flights are £100 with Ryan Air flying out friday 17:45pm and flying back monday morning at 08:25am. a lot of the cheaper hotels are in Benidorm "old town" to be honest but only a 15-20 minute walk or short taxi to new town is that is where you prefer, old town still has plenty of bars and restaurants though. We booked just a standard room at a basic hotel but decent reviews on trip advisor which was £100 per person for the 3 nights.

transfer was £15pp from airport to hotel and return back on the monday.

so total price as of now is £215.

if you need any more info just let me know :)

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2019, 12:05:07 PM »
It'll be just like the recent Europa final and as flights fill up with seats becoming difficult to find, and it looks like they will as it's peak summer and Baggies on the lash, and become much sought after the prices will go up. Hotels less so as Benidorm has over capacity of hotel rooms most of the year
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2019, 01:11:44 PM »
Not that I have ever watched it, but hope to see some of you in the summer special edition of Benidorm being filmed during the Albion’s stay  ;)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2019, 08:13:39 PM »
Might drive it...
Snap
Done the sun run a few times, it's a great drive
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Pureade1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2019, 09:15:08 AM »
So we need an 'albion' pub out in benidorm for everyone going there. Any suggestions?

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2019, 04:15:29 PM »
So we need an 'albion' pub out in benidorm for everyone going there. Any suggestions?
There used to be a bar called The Brummie Road, but sadly it closed a while back. There’s certainly a few to chose from, that’s for sure.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2019, 04:21:22 PM »
There used to be a bar called The Brummie Road, but sadly it closed a while back. There’s certainly a few to chose from, that’s for sure.
Worked out £1.35 a pint in the majority of places we went last October , only place I've ever been and taken money back home  :)
Chaplins after 9pm was a laugh
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 04:24:57 PM by Dexy »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2019, 05:16:25 PM »
Lets take the Stretford end bar. 👹👹

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2019, 12:58:48 AM »
no problem.

it has gone up slightly as i booked it 24 hours ago, but even as of now, flights are £100 with Ryan Air flying out friday 17:45pm and flying back monday morning at 08:25am. a lot of the cheaper hotels are in Benidorm "old town" to be honest but only a 15-20 minute walk or short taxi to new town is that is where you prefer, old town still has plenty of bars and restaurants though. We booked just a standard room at a basic hotel but decent reviews on trip advisor which was £100 per person for the 3 nights.

transfer was £15pp from airport to hotel and return back on the monday.

so total price as of now is £215.

if you need any more info just let me know :)

That is a very, very good deal. I was umming and aahing about going and didn't check prices for 2 x flights and accommodation until fairly late on Saturday afternoon/early evening. Return flights alone from Friday to Sunday in our case via Skyscanner from Birmingham were £252 at the time (there's currently one for £215 Fri-Mon). When I was looking it would have been about £80-£90 cheaper to catch the train to Gatwick and fly from there. Even catching a train to Manchester was cheaper than going from Brum'! Some of the decently reviewed accommodation in Benidorm is an absolute steal though compared to UK prices at the same time of year. Enjoy and have a few beers in the sun for me/us please  8) .
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 01:01:59 AM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2019, 02:09:27 AM »
That is a very, very good deal. I was umming and aahing about going and didn't check prices for 2 x flights and accommodation until fairly late on Saturday afternoon/early evening. Return flights alone from Friday to Sunday in our case via Skyscanner from Birmingham were £252 at the time (there's currently one for £215 Fri-Mon). When I was looking it would have been about £80-£90 cheaper to catch the train to Gatwick and fly from there. Even catching a train to Manchester was cheaper than going from Brum'! Some of the decently reviewed accommodation in Benidorm is an absolute steal though compared to UK prices at the same time of year. Enjoy and have a few beers in the sun for me/us please  8) .
you can get flights from Bristol return for around £110 but that's Thu - Mon
also Luton for around £105 return Thu - Mon. both easyjet
Ryanair from Bristol Fri -Mon you can get it for £91 return.

dannywba93

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2019, 02:57:06 AM »
We got return flights from east Midlands 14.15 on the friday and return on the Monday 8.25am £110 return and found a hotel in the old town 'senabre palais' for £34 per person per night
Tranfser £12.50 each
you are my albion

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2019, 03:03:28 AM »
you can get flights from Bristol return for around £110 but that's Thu - Mon
also Luton for around £105 return Thu - Mon. both easyjet
Ryanair from Bristol Fri -Mon you can get it for £91 return.

Thing is I'd be buying for two (my son) and regardless of cheaper flights elsewhere I'd be looking at train fares of around £100 (combined), plus flights (anything between £181-£504 combined and depending on airport), accommodation and copious amounts of alcohol (for two'ish'). If flying from farther afield I'd be starting at £280 odd for the two of us just to get there, never mind having somewhere to lie down or actually enjoy ourselves by getting so drunk we probably wouldn't remember much of the trip anyway. I've got to face the fact it's just not happening, and if it did it'd probably end up in an even more expensive divorce.

Every cloud etc though eh  ;D  ;) ......... https://www.skyscanner.net/

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2019, 09:15:28 AM »
Thing is I'd be buying for two (my son) and regardless of cheaper flights elsewhere I'd be looking at train fares of around £100 (combined), plus flights (anything between £181-£504 combined and depending on airport), accommodation and copious amounts of alcohol (for two'ish'). If flying from farther afield I'd be starting at £280 odd for the two of us just to get there, never mind having somewhere to lie down or actually enjoy ourselves by getting so drunk we probably wouldn't remember much of the trip anyway. I've got to face the fact it's just not happening, and if it did it'd probably end up in an even more expensive divorce.

Every cloud etc though eh  ;D  ;) ......... https://www.skyscanner.net/
There's a lot of ££££s in there Dan for a 3 day friendly trip. I'd be inclined to say bollox. I went at the Easter weekend and it inebriated  it down.😄

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2019, 09:38:33 AM »
Don't want to teach anybody to suck eggs or be patronising, but if you go on airline websites be sure to clear your cookies before looking again as the sites then know you're looking at specific flights etc and the prices do change. They only have so many seats at certain prices, cheeky feckers they are
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Pureade1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2019, 12:40:09 PM »
We got ours for £99 flying from Bristol Friday afternoon and returning Sunday night.

Now we just need to sort accommodation.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2019, 03:02:35 PM »
Flights booked. I’ve reserved an apartment as it seems none of the local hotels close to the nightlife would accept a 2 night booking.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2019, 04:58:28 PM »
A bit of advice which may be related to the cookies. When i use the Sky Scanner app it finds me flights for half the price to when i use Sky Scanner on my laptop. No idea why. And when i go on Ryan Air directly it's even more 'spensive.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2019, 05:43:54 PM »
A bit of advice which may be related to the cookies. When i use the Sky Scanner app it finds me flights for half the price to when i use Sky Scanner on my laptop. No idea why. And when i go on Ryan Air directly it's even more 'spensive.

Ryanair logs how many times you go on their site. That's why they are so expensive.

Pureade1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2019, 03:55:20 PM »
We got ours for 6 of us flying from Bristol with Ryanair on the Friday and back on the Sunday night for 100 quid each then 82 each for accommodation so it's just about the right timing really and being patient.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2019, 06:38:20 PM »
We got ours for 6 of us flying from Bristol with Ryanair on the Friday and back on the Sunday night for 100 quid each then 82 each for accommodation so it's just about the right timing really and being patient.

And getting to Bristol and back.

Driving or train?

Pureade1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2019, 08:18:19 PM »
Mrs dropping us off in a 7seater and picking us back up so costing a bit of fuel and me being nice to the wife for a week lol.

Flights from brum were just too expensive to justify for two days.

WBALADJOE

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2019, 09:26:01 PM »
How far is the ground from central Benidorm?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2019, 08:40:06 AM »
pig & whistle is the planned bar in the old town
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties