Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 361092 times)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #1050 on: August 07, 2018, 02:43:30 PM »
Always liked Jay as a player and I don’t think we have seen the best of him either. I think he’s still capable after his injuries and could see him doing a decent job elsewhere in the premiership. If his heart isn’t it in I would let him go though for £18m.

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1051 on: August 07, 2018, 02:52:24 PM »
Let him go , replace him with someone younger and hungrier ( before anyone asks I don't know who) and when we go up and Burnley go down we can wave.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1052 on: August 07, 2018, 02:58:54 PM »
Somehow I think if we do sell J-Rod for 18 big ones we won't see it recycled back into the club on replacements,hope I'm wrong

mrmojorisin

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1053 on: August 07, 2018, 03:10:46 PM »
So he is allegedly pleading to be allowed to go to Burnley - despite our club giving him his chance after his injuries and despite the club standing by him during the FA race enquiry.

Let him go as he is not that good anyway.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1054 on: August 07, 2018, 03:24:36 PM »
I agree with the majority, let him go. I rated Rondon much more highly and apart from a couple of games, I’ve seen nothing to suggest he has the quality he may have once had.
Line up a quality replacement now and grant him his wish on the proviso a replacement is found. 18 mil (if true) is way too much to turn down for an aging player and in my opinion he lacks sharpness.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1055 on: August 07, 2018, 03:27:30 PM »
OK the club has been good to him regarding the race issue  why wouldn't they.
I can understand him wanting to leave Premier more money and for me the most important playing for the team you supported as a kid.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1056 on: August 07, 2018, 03:35:51 PM »
My guess is that he’ll go for £18m, maybe with an extra ‘add on’, and the cheque will be made payable to a certain Mr Lai. Our strike force will be Gayle and HRK lol.

(Not really laughing)

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1057 on: August 07, 2018, 03:36:08 PM »
Take £18m for him. He doesn’t want to be here. We can get two decent players for that price. Use the money to buy another striker and a midfield creator.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1058 on: August 07, 2018, 03:40:03 PM »
My guess is that he’ll go for £18m, maybe with an extra ‘add on’, and the cheque will be made payable to a certain Mr Lai. Our strike force will be Gayle and HRK lol.

(Not really laughing)

thats eactly what will happen, i aint laughing either
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1059 on: August 07, 2018, 03:46:08 PM »
If they are that desperate ask for Chris Wood to be involved , that would test them.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

wbatillidie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1060 on: August 07, 2018, 03:53:41 PM »
We have to accept £18 million, we have a more than adequate goalscorer now in Gayle and hopefully we can use this money to get 2/3 player in. Woods, Maddison and a target man for example.

We've been told all summer that we have replacements lined up for when our players leave so lets see what we have up our sleeve. There's no way we will stick with just HRK and Gayle.

Also don't buy this desperate to join his boyhood club stuff, he had the chance to rejoin Burnley last summer but we offered him more.
"You'll never get past Claudio"

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1061 on: August 07, 2018, 03:57:26 PM »
If they are that desperate ask for Chris Wood to be involved , that would test them.

Excellent idea

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1062 on: August 07, 2018, 03:58:51 PM »
We have to accept £18 million, we have a more than adequate goalscorer now in Gayle and hopefully we can use this money to get 2/3 player in. Woods, Maddison and a target man for example.

We've been told all summer that we have replacements lined up for when our players leave so lets see what we have up our sleeve. There's no way we will stick with just HRK and Gayle.

Also don't buy this desperate to join his boyhood club stuff, he had the chance to rejoin Burnley last summer but we offered him more.

There is no way we should stick with HRK and Gayle but we have seen this before. 18 Million is a good price for him.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1063 on: August 07, 2018, 04:01:07 PM »
Excellent idea

As they appear to be buying Vydra as well they may well agree to part with Chris Wood. It would be a case of two players returning to their former clubs

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1064 on: August 07, 2018, 04:07:01 PM »
I'd let him go for £18m.

Should be able to bring in two very adequate strikers for the championship at that price.  There's at least one going spare at Leicester.  Not sure about Yvdra and Gayle... too similar.  Anyhow, as long as we spend the money effectively and HRK doesn't get near the 1st team £18m is fine by me.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1065 on: August 07, 2018, 04:11:11 PM »

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1066 on: August 07, 2018, 04:21:18 PM »
Too late in the day to be selling him now.  Burnley knew the price months ago.
"This crack is really moreish."

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1067 on: August 07, 2018, 04:26:17 PM »
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Halesowen12

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1068 on: August 07, 2018, 04:28:32 PM »
Old stories. Lots of ifs, maybes and could

was about to say, journalism at it's finest that isn't it  :D

I'm undecided on Jay Rod, £18m is a lot to turn down but would we re-invest £10m+ on a replacement?! I'd like to think so but would we?! We'd need to

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1069 on: August 07, 2018, 04:32:30 PM »
Too late in the day to be selling him now.  Burnley knew the price months ago.

Agreed, wouldn’t sell no matter what they offer, who we going to get in to replace him this late? Vydra may have been the one but he is going to Burnley now

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1070 on: August 07, 2018, 04:45:31 PM »
Like JRod but would sell for 18. When we have tried to be tough on prices and hold onto players it has usually backfired (Evans, Saido recent examples). May not get a better bid than that for a 29 year old. The biggest issue in this transfer of any other is will we reinvest the money?
Speaking of money, where has ours gone? :)

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1071 on: August 07, 2018, 05:56:14 PM »
Agreed, wouldn’t sell no matter what they offer, who we going to get in to replace him this late? Vydra may have been the one but he is going to Burnley now
.     How about a cheeky bid for Chris Wood if they get Vydra . Similar deal to the Gayle move

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1072 on: August 07, 2018, 05:58:30 PM »
.     How about a cheeky bid for Chris Wood if they get Vydra . Similar deal to the Gayle move
He would be an excellent signing and just what we need in this division.

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1073 on: August 07, 2018, 06:04:02 PM »
He would be an excellent signing and just what we need in this division.
.   I think it would be a great partnership him and Gayle. Can't see why they would want J Rod if they get Vydra

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1074 on: August 07, 2018, 06:26:11 PM »
That sounds like a decent strategy to me too, but time and (a lack of) manpower are against us now. With a large parachute payment coming our way, we really shouldn't be in a position of having to sell before we can buy though.